• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Good news - my extended battery has just arrived at the FedEx location across the street from my building! :D Back in a bit.

Enjoy it.

BTW I love Fedex. I missed them yesterday and they left a door tag. I was able to go to the hub near my apartment (5 miles away), bring the door tag and my ID and got my package. Barely waited on any line and didn't have to call to let them know I was coming to get it.

Beats UPS on that front.

Upvote 0
That is one of the sweetest things I've heard this Christmas.

My girlfriend really missed her grandparents and we were discussing it and I told her we were going. Booked the tickets in September and told everyone to keep it a secret. Half of her family doesn't even know because they all have big mouths. We keep complaining about the weather in NJ this weekend to not tip them off at all.

Reactions: IndecisiveElle
Upvote 0
Anyone know of different sizes of the rubber ear piece for the headphones that the galaxy nexus came with? I like them but they pop out of my ear consistently.

I don't have any problem with it...

alfred-e-newman.gif

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
It appears that the conversion process is to blame, not the display. I converted Star Wars using DVD catalyst and the result was nothing short of amazing.

Full HD and blacks were like ink.

Also watched a part of the newest Star Trek movie on the Netflix 1080 app and got the same awesome results.

Handbrake is dead to me.

Glad to hear this. I've been a HUGE fan of DVD Cat for a while now. I got it to convert movies for my DX...then kept using it for my Thive, and of course now the Nex. ANYONE converting movies should at least download the trial of DVD Cat and give it a shot. The developer (Mitch) is a great guy, and probably gives the best customer service of any developer I know, for sure. He helped me through some issues early on. Amazing to get multiple emails with excellent help, at 1 and 2 am, shortly after I've sent them! He also really knows his stuff, when it comes to graphics, best settings for what you're wanting, etc etc.

Here is his site:

Home of the best DVD & Video conversion tool on the planet | Tools4Movies

Ok, commmercial's over...back to kinda working for me! (I am not affiliated with DVD Cat, just a very satisfied customer.) :)

Upvote 0
Well I need to head up to Verizon in a bit to complete the process to make the phone mine. I ended up getting a second line for the nexus with 4gig of data. The new line means a new number and a data cap. So I need to see if Verizon will swap out my new number with my old so I can use my new phone with unlimited 4g goodness and my current Droid x number. Also going to look into a family plan and turn my Droid x into a family cell phone.

While I am at Verizon I think I'm going look into a case for "slick" because that's what the nexus is and perhaps an extended battery

Upvote 0
I've never understood this about dentists?? About anything you need them to do borders on worse than the problem you are looking to resolved and on top of that they are often rude about how you maintain your teeth even if you aren't there for something major. And it seems to be the only field in medicine where advances in less invasive solutions to issues seem to never happen.

Sorry if I offended any dentists out there!

Not a dentist.. but I can shed some light on the issue. There is a vein/artery that runs through your jaw that also circulates blood through your brain. Bad teeth can lead to infections which, if not caught in time or if they get in that vein/artery are bad juju. Basically it goes straight to the brain and game over.. So some dentists go a bit overboard about keeping the mouth clean without ever really explaining part of the problem. Most people just think of the loss of teeth or having bad teeth, they don't know it could kill them in a worst-case scenario

Upvote 0
Han, I searched your posts and found the link for the 1080 Netflix app. It doesn't seem to work for me though, it just FCs immediately. I remember you saying the same thing, how did you get it to work? Thanks.

(1) 1080p Netflix

Here's a link to my thread. This download works:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/12068-hd-netflix-app-1080p/

(2) Ringtones

To those who asked about ringtones on ICS:
1: create a folder names Audio on the sdard.
2: create 3 sub folders named ringtones, notifications, and alarms (all lower case)
3: dump files you want where and they will appear in the options.. sometimes you need to reboot first.

(3) Screen Troubles

The blotches and marks in the screen in low lighting are a effect of AMOLED screens in general. There's really no fix and they usually are not too bad unless yours are in bad spots. (I have a dot near my back soft key and a half ring shape near the P key).

Easiest way to test:

Download screen adjuster from the market and lower system brightness and use this to test:
http://www.webdesign.org/img_articles/8088/blank document.gif
Then lower the app brightness to minimum

Go into a very dark area and test that image. Zoom in and slowly move around.

Best way To test do this :) (not recommended lol)

1: take a copy of bootanimation.zip and paste it to your SD.
2: take the original zip file and unzip it and delete the files out of it. Rezip and put it back.

When you boot you will get a black 'semi back lit screen' that will show all imperfections. You should hide under a sheet to test properly you need NO ambient light.

Upvote 0
Not a dentist.. but I can shed some light on the issue. There is a vein/artery that runs through your jaw that also circulates blood through your brain. Bad teeth can lead to infections which, if not caught in time or if they get in that vein/artery are bad juju. Basically it goes straight to the brain and game over.. So some dentists go a bit overboard about keeping the mouth clean without ever really explaining part of the problem. Most people just think of the loss of teeth or having bad teeth, they don't know it could kill them in a worst-case scenario

Learned this one the hard way. Happened to my mom. She is alive and well, thank God, but has had to adjust a lot due to issues from the infection that affected her everyday life.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I know you're being serious and trying to impart a warning, but I just couldn't help but laugh when you said "bad juju." :p
Here's a link to my thread. This download works:

HD Netflix App 1080P - RootzWiki
Great, thanks very much. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones