Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. IndecisiveElle

IndecisiveElle Well-Known Member

Ew I get -109 dbm at my house. I can make/receive calls fine, but it's in this crappie mini valley dead zone. My BFs parents get no reception with AT&T.
  2. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

The absolute lowest mine ever was on a good day was 83. 93-111 or so was my norm. Mind you, it said that even when I had no 3G reception with grey bars.
  3. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

I'm about to flash the new radio's...any tips or something I should watch out for?
  4. jasaero

jasaero Well-Known Member

Hah! I thought I could take my time with everyone messing with their new toys! I wasn't raised on a smartphone forum thread ninja farm either though! :D
  5. zx10droid

zx10droid Well-Known Member

i ninja'd you both! alhtough i didnt link :-\
  6. kk4df

kk4df Well-Known Member

Just flashed it. Booting up now...

I don't see any immediate changes based on the About Phone / Status numbers.

Edit: The Open Signal app is showing SIGNIFICANTLY stronger LTE signal. I don't know whether to trust that or not yet. Other forum posts seems to be reporting good improvements for some. But some seem to be experiencing a worse signal reading. Only time will truly tell.
  7. zx10droid

zx10droid Well-Known Member

mines at -75 right now... although i should mention that my house is not in a 4g area so thats a 3g signal. i will get a 4g signal strength tomorrow from work
  8. jasaero

jasaero Well-Known Member

I am not hoping for any better signal numbers so much as voice and data connection a few more miles away from cell sites than I can get currently. As I pointed out earlier in the thread my wifes charge had 4g connection in a fringe 4g area here where my GN couldn't hold 4g and had to revert to 3g which has real good coverage everywhere here.
  9. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Download a book ? Play a game?
  10. IndecisiveElle

Even my iPad was dead lol. Everything is still in boxes! I've settled on plugging in my iPad to this cool radio my BF got me and watching hulu. Only sucks that it's in portrait mode :(
  11. tluley51

Hmmm lets see how this goes...

So mine got worse...from -107 to -113 with the radio AND stuck on grey reception so I can't do much...
  12. BabyBlues

Oh no! I'm glad you found something to do.
  13. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

14. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

Checking in. I guess I got a good one. No complaints here.
    jbdan likes this.
  15. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member

How is everyone elses MTP file transfers? It took me like 2 hours yesterday to transfer 7GB of audiobooks. Then late last night it took almost 50 minutes to transfer 1GB.

What is everyone elses speeds when doing this?

Also if anyone can still help with reboot-from-recover.p (that you turned into a .bak file) I would truly, truly appreciate helping out.
  16. IndecisiveElle

Yup except it means I'll be pulling an all night for sure now :(
  17. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

What's the issue you are having?
  18. BabyBlues

Same for me. My whites are white. Signal seems to hold ok. I love this phone
  19. woodstorm

woodstorm Well-Known Member

20. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Any guesses on how long it takes to upload a 23 minute video to youtube?

Anyone? Anyone?

Right now I'm at 4% with 322 minutes left LOL

Recorded my trip, with the Nexus, of Lights on the Lake with my friend.
  21. tluley51

Yeah before this radio flash I was averaging about -113 to -117 on 4g...now I am stuck on -120 3g. Awesome.
  22. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I concur! Battery life has become very good as well I finally am seeing super slow drain while phone is sleeping.
  23. kk4df

kk4df Well-Known Member

I'm sure you made a backup like I did before flashing.
  24. tluley51

Yeah, just incredibly disappointed that it didn't help what is a MAJOR issue with this phone.
  25. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

:D

Hmm, Lifehacker links are usually my thing (well, really just posting links in general :D), but I can't seem to recall the one you're mentioning. Still, I'll take the drink anyway! Haha. ;)

Nice. :) Seems like people are getting mixed results so far, I'll wait a little until they're more stable and proven.