galaxy nexus widget error "Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped"Support

1. datsyuk90

datsyuk90 Member

Recently when trying to access my widgets from the menu section i get this message "Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped" and it just closes...i don't know what happened does anyone have the same problem?

Advertisement
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Hello and welcome to AF. :)

Have you tried restarting your phone to see if the problem is corrected?
  3. datsyuk90

datsyuk90 Member

yup, done it numerous times, but it doesn't work....maybe i should just restore the phone :S
  4. Metroid Prime

Let's cross that bridge when we get to it. ;)
    Let's see if there is another way before doing that first if you want.
  5. datsyuk90

datsyuk90 Member

Okay sure. Ive tried googling up this problem but found nothing. You got any ideas?
  6. Metroid Prime

Are you able to uninstall it or did it come stock? Also, have you tried clearing the cache maybe seeing if that works?
  7. datsyuk90

datsyuk90 Member

Uninstall what? I seem to be able to uninstall apps and everything works fine. How do i clear the cache is it on the web browser?
  8. Metroid Prime

That, and you can go into apps and clear the cache on the ones you are able to do that and after that reset your phone. Did the widget come stock?
  9. datsyuk90

datsyuk90 Member

Nope i cleared all the cache for the apps and turned off and back on the phone still getting the same message. By reset you mean turning off and back on the phone?
  10. Metroid Prime

11. datsyuk90

datsyuk90 Member

okay i guess i'll do that, thanks for your help regardless
  12. tispectrum

tispectrum Well-Known Member

I have the same launcher problem after installing the 4.04 update. We did a hard reset, after restoring one page of apps the problem returned. Verizon sent a replacement phone. Restored all my apps. Worked fine for 2 days until I shut the phone off and restarted it. Launcher problem returned. It appears to happen after restarting phone. Other than getting another replacement, and hoping the problem won't appear, but being a cynic I expect the worst, any other suggestions would be welcome.