Galaxy Nexus Wireless ChargingTips

1. sayanroyc

sayanroyc New Member

I have had the Galaxy Nexus for a better part of a year, and recently, charging became an issue. Sometimes when I plugged in my phone, it does not charge and I have to wiggle the end of the cord a bit until I see it start to charge. Now this requires me to keep my phone very steady in order for it to charge, but being a person who constantly checks his phone every 5 minutes , I cannot keep myself from touching it. Now, having to move the wire around and carefully place my charging phone every time has become a huge hassle, so I had the ingenious idea to have it charge wirelessly like the Palm phones. Of course, one google search later I found that many people had already had this great idea and implemented it quite well.

Throughout the course of this week I will begin working on this for my phone (waiting for all the supplies to ship in!). I will be following a few of the guides that others have created, and will put up links to each.
    EDIT: Apparently I cannot add links in my first few posts :mad: but I shall find a way to give credit where it is due.

Items (That I will be using, subject to change):
    Galaxy Nexus (standard cover - NOT the extended battery one)
    Palm Touchstone charging dock
    Palm data cable
    Palm Pixi Touchstone cover
    Neodymium disc magnets (1/4" diameter)
    Copper Foil tape (conductive adhesive) OR short wires
    Mini 4-head screwdriver

Tips for Items: Be careful when buying the Palm Touchstone dock, it usually does NOT ship with the data cable - can be very misleading. Either have to buy separately or find them together. Thanks to both eBay and Amazon - the total cost falls under $25.

Pictures will be provided with each step. Project will begin soon!

Advertisement
    EVGA_RobB and breadnatty08 like this.
  2. hurricane630

hurricane630 Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting!
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

4. CharlzO

CharlzO Well-Known Member

While I do wish to see this setup, and am very interested myself, I do have to at least be the one to ask...no warranty? Or if you still have a warranty, why not just replace the phone?
  5. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

What comes to my mind.... have you tried a different usb cable? :D
  6. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Since the OP can't post links I figured I would post a link for you. I am pretty sure this is the guide but not 100%. If it isn't the OP can let me know and I'll take it down.

Also I had this same issue it turned out to be lint stuck in the USB port on the phone. Then I had it again and it turned out to be a bad USB cable that fried my USB port.