Galaxy Nexux is frozen - PLEASE HELP

1. jstock5540

jstock5540 New Member

My Galaxy Nexus was charging. When I picked it up, there was a phone keypad with "Emergency Call" at the bottom. It is frozen with this screen. I've turned it off, taken the battery out for a few minutes, turned it back on and it still is locked in the same phone keypad screen? Any advice is appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forums - thanks for joining!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone... we will try to help you get back up and running.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about your phone... the best place for you to ask would be in Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Android Forums - this is where other GNex owners hang out.

Hope you find this place useful - good luck with sorting it!
  3. krishna98482

krishna98482 New Member

i updated to 4.04 and iwant to degrade the version please help me
  4. samsungadvice

samsungadvice Active Member

Hello, to fix the phone, turn phone off. Then hold down power button and volume up and volume down at the same time and hold then down until screen appears. You will enter recovery mode. Touch screen is now disabled temporarily and you will see a black screen with small writing on. You need to use the volume keys to navigate up and down and the power button to select. You need to go to mounts and storage, and then format system option and then yes. Then do the same for data and cache. Then, press the reboot option. Phone will restart and will work, but unfortunately, all data will be lost, google account, contacts, text messages, bookmarks, etc. media on memory card will be fine though.

Hope this helps.