Galaxy Note 10.1: Edge of Screen Affects S Pen AccuracySupport

1. krunklenutz

krunklenutz New Member

Hey folks,

So for starts, I purchased my galaxy tablet for use at school. I take notes, review presentations etc. I've been ignoring this really bothersome problem I've been having with writing notes with the s pen though. Near the edges of the screen the pen loses its accuracy drastically. I've seen alot of the suggestions for smacking it on a surface or adjusting the potentiometer on the pen,, so I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and if those adjustments helped. If not , what does?

Many thanks

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!

i moved you to the note 10.1 forum.

i'm sorry that you are having issues with your s-pen, hopefully folks here might be able to help you out.
    krunklenutz likes this.
  3. streetkilln

streetkilln Well-Known Member

i have not noticed this till u pointed it out lol. on mine it isnt realy that bad . idk hw to fix it and dont think u can? id just go one with what ever ur doing or just stay away from the edges.
  4. jonrud

jonrud Well-Known Member

Hi what exactly happens? I dont have that problem.
  5. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

6. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

Some things you can try-
    Settings
    Developer options
    Uncheck everything in the "Drawing" section.

Settings
    System section
    S-Pen (tap it)
    Make sure the dominant hand is correct.

Other than these options and the fixes you posted, I don't know of anything else that may help other than a factory reset.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  7. ChrisENote

ChrisENote Active Member

Sorry the title of my post was not clear, I just solved my poblem with help from this forum. Try removing the Note from the case if you have one as magnetic catches affect the touchscreen.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  8. krunklenutz

krunklenutz New Member

I have it in a leather case.

Thanks for the replies and assistance folks.
  9. krunklenutz

krunklenutz New Member

I now see what you were saying. Ill check that