Galaxy Note 10.1 ROOTED!

Last Updated:

1. zedomax

zedomax Member

chuckqt, Szadzik, twospirits and 2 others like this.
  2. Scotlac

Scotlac Well-Known Member

Wow Z, amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on this thing. I bet developer support is going to be great!
  3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Great, cannot wait to get mine and as with all Android devices root it in the first 5 minutes of getting it :)
  4. Koumajutsu

Koumajutsu Well-Known Member

I just ordered me a 32GB model this morning. I'm glad to hear there's already root for it :)
  5. chuckqt

chuckqt New Member

Your root worked great! Thanks!
  6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Rooted mine within the first few hours of owning it. Lovely to be able to restore all your apps with their data within a few minutes.
  7. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

Will rooting and running stock affect getting OTA? I haven't seen any ROMs that I'm crazy about yet (and that I'm confident that it won't affect the S-Pen). Thx
  8. jzebrahockey

jzebrahockey Well-Known Member

It will affect it but if you get an app called Triangle Away it fixes that issue.

"Many Samsung devices store a flash counter that keeps track of how many times you have flashed custom firmwares to your device. On some devices, a yellow triangle or other sort of visual warning is also displayed during boot if you are running a custom firmware. TriangleAway was built to disable the triangle (if a visual warning is present) and reset the custom ROM flash counter to 0. This app requires root !"

This app will allow you to receive OTA updates.
    ckelly33 likes this.