Galaxy Note 10.1 updateGeneral

Last Updated:

1. hotstepper808

hotstepper808 New Member

I just got an update for the galaxy note 10.1 and am not sure what it does. Can anyone help me?

Advertisement
  2. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

What is the new software version? I see that I have one too...I am downloading it now. Looks to be about 75.51MB....could be a bug fix.
  3. Caveman419

Looks like it was mainly a bug fix, Still ICS - 4.0.4. Do not see a change log anywhere but if someone finds it please post.
  4. OpticalTen

OpticalTen Member

Does it fix Polaris Office freeze/crash on startup? Also Bluetooth audio usage dropping Wifi connection on local networks?
    If you can try to test the above issues it would be much appreciated.
  5. Caveman419

I have not seen either one of these issues on my model. I am looking for a change log and have sent it into Droid-Life to see if they can get a change log.

My biggest bug is that whenever I return to the home screen, the keyboard will popup and freeze the system up for 30-60 seconds.
  6. OpticalTen

OpticalTen Member

That sounds annoying especially when 2 gb ram stop slow downs/freezes etc. I'm on the wifi only version if that explains the difference in issues. maybe I'm being naive but hopefully jelly bean will fix my issues if this update doesnt, still waiting for the update in the uk though.
    swingman likes this.
  7. Caveman419

I am on the Wi-Fi only version too (GT-N8013). I am hoping that Samsung releases the JB update soon. I am going to hold off rooting this one for a while...I have a Motorola Xoom that I have rooted running CM10.
  8. MrsSerena

MrsSerena New Member

Doesn't fix the Polaris office crash. Not sure about the Bluetooth issue.

So far, all I've noticed is that it updates the Note app. Better, but it screws up my existing notes. You no longer have the option to use fullscreen. Which is ok with me, it was annoying that you couldn't see the very top and bottom of your notes when you switched from fullscreen to edit mode.
  9. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Well-Known Member

It's nice to know that Samsung is keeping track of the Galaxy 10.1 note tablet, and upgrading the firmware quickly as they feel it's needed.:)
  10. JohnB47

JohnB47 Well-Known Member

Maybe, along with other things, it reintroduces the fix for formating 64gb cards?

BTW, the grey version of the note 10.1 has become available on amazon.co.uk but guess what, the spec says the max SD card is 32gb.

Confused? - I am.
  11. Loren

Loren Well-Known Member

I am using a 64 GB SDXC card since August - works fine.
  12. hbryder

hbryder Well-Known Member

13. james_uk

james_uk Well-Known Member

has anyone from the uk had this update yet, mine still says i have the latest version
  14. androidtvfan

androidtvfan Well-Known Member

Beware though when Jellybean appears as an update as you will loose flash :(
    Galaxy Tab2 47 likes this.
  15. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Well-Known Member

Mine says something along the lines of access to the update is provided to users in the order which they request it...I take it that means first come first serve?
  16. sib0rg

sib0rg Well-Known Member

Have not received an update yet, via settings or kies. (Australia)
  17. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Where did you get this information from?

I have official JB on my S3 and flash works just fine.
  18. androidtvfan

19. jeff327

jeff327 Well-Known Member

androidtvfan and Szadzik like this.
  20. androidtvfan

OK that's good to know then, no lag etc ? But still no go with websites needing siverlight ? ie the sky news live feed ?
  21. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

For those stating that they are getting an update, please indicate what version of the Note 10.1 you have.

Thanks

TS
  22. Szadzik

No lag etc.

No silverlight.
  23. ofwindoha

ofwindoha New Member

i'm using the wifi only model. after the update, my s notes is having some serious problem. I always use the handwriting-to-text option. I noticed, after update, when I try to write long sentences, s-notes starts to hang and even crashes without saving what I've written. Anyone experiencing the same?
  24. nicech

nicech Member

Hi I am new to this forum. My regards to all the member.

Note 10.1 GT 8000

After the upgrade there is scroll bar with S note now.

But Samsung browser is now not working like it was before. The problem is with closing the browser. Trying closing browser from the tab is doing nothing but annoying about blank page is staying all the time. Browser is running in the background as you have no option but to hit home icon to get out of it.

Please help if it can be solved.

Thanks.
  25. Szadzik

Welcome to the forums!

I have it the same way and I stopped bothering and just press the home button to get to the main screen. With 2GB of RAM no need to worry about apps running in the background.