Galaxy Note 2 4G Model In the UK on October 15thGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-10-08 08:07:07
  1. BigPeanutHead

BigPeanutHead Well-Known Member

This is getting slightly confusing, I read today that a 4G Galaxy note 2 will be arriving in the UK on the 15th of October. Here:

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 4G coming to EE on 15 October - News - Trusted Reviews

Now the Galaxy Note 2 UK Titanium Grey has annoyingly been delayed until the 15th of October, so will this be the 4G version. Is this the reason for the delay. That seems a little unfair on those who have purchased the White UK 3G version?? :confused::confused::confused:

Would be so much easier if Samsung themselves just clarified all of this. I also remember a while ago signing up for an official Samsung notification email as to when the Note 2 is available, still never got that. Lol

Advertisement
  2. animal47

animal47 Well-Known Member

Just got off the phone to T-mobile who said that they will be stocking it from the 14th and that it will be 4g ready.
  3. jonmwood

jonmwood Well-Known Member

14th of November??
  4. animal47

Nope 14th of this month, i rang for my pac as i was fed up of waiting for t-mobile to sell it as it is already available from all the other carriers and was told it will be available on the 14th october but couldnt tell me the price plans.
  5. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

these are not sim free phones. It'll be a while before everyone gets 4g so I'm not too worried.
  6. BigPeanutHead

BigPeanutHead Well-Known Member

Yea, I'm reading that your looking at around
  7. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

I went into the vodafone shop today to get a micro sim (didnt realise the standard sim wouldnt fit) - the lady in there said EE will be a different LTE band to the rest being auctioned later in the year! I guess this means it will be like the early days of 3g when orange and 3 phones wouldnt work with others sims because they were on a different band.

What a mess.
  8. Galaxy note 2

Galaxy note 2 Member

I initially went with this phone over the S3 as I had read online it was compatible with 4G. The Samsung website is itself misleading and the staff in the phone shops seem to know even less. However, after much deliberation I decided to go for the uk 3G version as I don't really use my phone out of wifi range often and didn't want to pay a premium on the handset and tarriff for a service that I wouldn't really use. Apart from EE, no one in the uk is selling the 4g versions yet and EE haven't even confirmed pricing yet. From various websites and talking to staff in stores it sounds like 4g is going to be a bit of a mess for a few years whereas 3G might finally get sorted out. I'm sticking with value and performance over a showpiece feature which will be overpriced and sketchy unless you live in central London or another major city.
  9. animal47

4g compatible isn't a major issue for me as where I live we get 10mb speeds on 3g anyway and that's plenty for me.