• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note 2 Call Quality?

Hello everyone. I'm an iPhone 5 owner who is thinking about sending back my iPhone 5 for the GN2...which looks so amazing.

Can those of you who have the GN2 already please comment on the call quality. Is it loud enough when not using the speakerphone? Thanks for your input.

Linda
Hi, mine seems good to be honest, better than my Galaxy S2. Its loud enough but not tried speakerphone. I suppose its down to the individual really and how good your ears are ;)

Upvote 0
Hi, mine seems good to be honest, better than my Galaxy S2. Its loud enough but not tried speakerphone. I suppose its down to the individual really and how good your ears are ;)

Volume is dependent on those things, quality is very dependent on the signal in your area and the carrier. I can't stand talking to people on AT&T in my area (which is everyone in my family but me.. lol), even though the signal is strong for them, there is a definite quality issue across all phones.

Upvote 0
There will be a quality issue for any call accross diifferent protocols (i.e. CDMA to GSM). FWIW, the volume levels are a little better on my T-Mo (USA) branded Note2 than on my AT&T Note...this from a VoIP engineer whose highest cell phone priorities are reception and earpice/speaker qualities.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones