• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note 2 Discussion

Shogun1

Jun 21, 2012
So as I'm sure most of you may know, the rumor mill says that Samsung is planning on unveiling the next generation Galaxy Note!

For those of you who don't know, here's a quick overview of the current Galaxy Note:

img_spec05.png

The Note is a hybrid between a phone and a tablet, as prominently displayed by its most notable (heh) feature, it's huge 5.3" screen. It also makes use of a unique s-pen, designed to let you draw/write on the surface of the phone, much like a tablet.

The phone was a pretty big success overall, with over 5 million units being sold. It had some nice features including an 8MP rear facing camera which could record in 1080p, a 1.4GHz Dual Core Processor, 16 GB Memory expandable via microSD, LTE connectivity, and a huge 2500 mAh Li-on battery.

Most users were initially skeptical of the big size, but feel like they can't go back to a smaller phone after getting accustomed to it. The phone itself was surprisingly popular, topping 7 million sales globally.

Now, Samsung is planning on releasing an upgraded Galaxy Note 2!

1338990697_w670_h362.jpg

It is supposedly going to be unveiled on August 30th, the day before the IFA trade show in Berlin at 7:00 PM, much like its predecessor.

Here are some details about the supposed specs:

-5.5 Inch Screen

-146.85 x 82.95 x 9.65 mm (Same size as the note, bigger screen)

-13MP Rear Facing Camera (!)

-Android 4.1 Preloaded (Jelly Bean)

-Upgraded S-pen functionality

-Exynos Quad Core Processor (Same as International GS3)

-2GB RAM

If you have any other rumors of the Galaxy Note 2, please post them here. I'm also interested in hearing about general thoughts on the phone. Is it just going to be a Galaxy S3 with a bigger screen? Is this phone actually useable day to day given its large size? Will it be a viable competitor for Apple's iPhone5, which is planning on being released around the same time?

Personally, I was very excited about buying a Galaxy S3, but given the manufacturing delays and the rumors about the Note 2, I decided to hold off and give this phone a shot (I'm in no rush) - it'll also get me a chance to check out the iPhone 5.

Hmm, I'm not too sure about Amazon's Note 10.1 Pre-order. That's interesting. As to the questions about other carriers, it's only a matter of time.

I personally run AT&T so I am reasonably sure that I will be able to get the phone, but I wonder how Samsung will market this phone to other networks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones