• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note 2 master Accessories List

Finally rec'd my OEM case and stand battery/spare charger. Post includes pics (taken with iP5) :D of case on phone; the charger and phone fitting in stand with case.

SGNII OEM CASE

imagejpeg_13.jpg
imagejpeg_14.jpg
imagejpeg_12.jpg
Case8.jpg

SGNII BODYGLOVE

imagejpeg_6.jpg

SGNII STAND/SPARE BATTERY & CHARGER

imagejpeg_21.jpg
imagejpeg_23.jpg

CASES IN STAND

imagejpeg_25.jpg
imagejpeg_9.jpg
imagejpeg_7.jpg
imagejpeg_8.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
51GxKCyb8WL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Had the Galaxy Note II Samsung backup charger for my GS3 (same as pictured above)

However, for the Note II, I am thinking of going this route simply because the backup battery charger doubles as an actual dock instead of a simple stand.

Amazon.com: RND Power Solutions Deluxe Cradle / Desktop Docking Station and 2nd Battery Charger for Samsung Galaxy Note II (2) (compatible with or without a case) (black): Cell Phones & Accessories

I like that dock/battery charger. Just wish there was one as nice as this like that that can be docked horizontally.

Upvote 0
Finally rec'd my OEM case and stand battery/spare charger. Post includes pics (taken with iP5) :D of case on phone; the charger and phone fitting in stand with case.

SGNII OEM CASE

imagejpeg_13.jpg
imagejpeg_14.jpg
imagejpeg_12.jpg
Case8.jpg

SGNII BODYGLOVE

imagejpeg_6.jpg

SGNII STAND/SPARE BATTERY & CHARGER

imagejpeg_21.jpg
imagejpeg_23.jpg

CASES IN STAND

imagejpeg_25.jpg
imagejpeg_9.jpg
imagejpeg_7.jpg
imagejpeg_8.jpg

So glad I purchased 2 of these! I absolutely love it. It's perfect for work and home. Only time I've actually plugged either phone in, was to transfer some data over.

Upvote 0
I should've added these thoughts to the picture post last night but got busy and then forgot til now.

Yesterday I went a bit over 17hrs on my phone. My usage was Tapatalk, Words with Friends, Facebook , 1 movie, Get Glue (my new fav app) Flipboard, Plume & approx 50-100 emails. The only time my phone wasn't in use was swapping batteries. The Note II battery, I cant say it enough is a BEAST!

Ever since the original Evo I don't like using my phone while on the charger. I feel it adds too much wear and tear on the charging port and back then they were breaking off from the main board like crazy.
As these phones increase in size, the charging port remains the same which is why I think if anyone uses their Note II a LOT, they should do themselves a favor and go for a spare battery.

As far as Samsung's OEM case, (and this is based on the time I've had it) is not going to provide the type of protection we hear about when people discuss cases like Seidio and Otterbox.

This case is not tight fitting and I could actually see the phone tumbling out of it if dropped. I feel like I'm being just as careful with this case on as I was without one. The back of the case is made EXACTLY like the phone-- Samsung's desire for plastic runs deep. It has that same slippery back which I don't like. Honestly, I feel the Bodyglove actually fits better. The OEM, again IMO, will offer minimal protection just like the flip cover- they're more for aesthetics than anything else.

The side finish (matte) feels good in the hand but based on everyone's input, I think the Seidio Surface would be a better choice for overall protection with a light footprint (no bulk).

Reactions: ren857
Upvote 0
As far as Samsung's OEM case, (and this is based on the time I've had it) is not going to provide the type of protection we hear about when people discuss cases like Seidio and Otterbox.

This case is not tight fitting and I could actually see the phone tumbling out of it if dropped. I feel like I'm being just as careful with this case on as I was without one. The back of the case is made EXACTLY like the phone-- Samsung's desire for plastic runs deep. It has that same slippery back which I don't like. The OEM, again IMO, will offer minimal protection just like the flip cover- they're more for aesthetics than anything else.

You are stating the obvious! After all, the OEM case for all intensive purposes is nothing more than a glamorized TPU case which everyone already knows offer almost no additional protection......they are meant more for protecting the phone from scratches and such, not from a fall onto concrete. I happen to like the OEM case and think it looks nice and will protect my device for what I purchased it for which is to place into a Seidio surface holster which it fits very well and the case will proteect the edges from wear and tear and scratches. The Seidio surface case is nothing more than a piece of plastic wrapped around your phone....I like the Samsung OEM case better than the surface case in that regards.

As far as the Otterbox? I get that it offers maximum protection and some people do in fact need that extra protection but I don't think it is for everyone or evryday use......The phone is big enough but after you add an Otterbox case, your device will now look like a brick! Big and Ugly!

Upvote 0
You are stating the obvious! After all, the OEM case for all intensive purposes is nothing more than a glamorized TPU case which everyone already knows offer almost no additional protection......they are meant more for protecting the phone from scratches and such, not from a fall onto concrete. I happen to like the OEM case and think it looks nice and will protect my device for what I purchased it for which is to place into a Seidio surface holster which it fits very well and the case will proteect the edges from wear and tear and scratches. The Seidio surface case is nothing more than a piece of plastic wrapped around your phone....I like the Samsung OEM case better than the surface case in that regards.

As far as the Otterbox? I get that it offers maximum protection and some people do in fact need that extra protection but I don't think it is for everyone or evryday use......The phone is big enough but after you add an Otterbox case, your device will now look like a brick! Big and Ugly!

Not sure what I said that got you all riled up. "Stating the obvious" and what "everyone knows" is subjective and assuming.

What I do know is I purchased a leather pouch from Sprint for my Evo in 2010.
What I do know is I purchased a hard sleeve for my E4GT in 2012.
What I do know is I purchased 4 different cases for this phone; 2 of them OEM.

So forgive me if my case buying experience isn't as advanced as all the everyone's you speak of.
I've never owned a Seidio and don't want an Otterbox.

Upvote 0
Never knew about kickstarter.com, but this is pretty darn cool. I like the concept on this one:

Backbone Mobile Stand for iPhone, Android by techmobe — Kickstarter

Thing is, they never describe what kind of suction it is and how it works. If it's just a regular suction cup, I don't think anybody's willing to risk their phone falling off...but, if there's some sort of locking mechanism (kinda like the car docks w/ windshield mounts), then that might be worth a look.

Upvote 0
Ok, so I see all the standard and rugged cases.. And I see online that there are extended batteries out now, but no durable extended cases yet.. any word yet on when these are coming out? I know some people do not like them due to bulkiness ect - but I prefer one. I have the Galaxy s3 atm and have the Seidio extended active case as well as hyperion batteries to go along with it, and would love the same combination with the Gn2.. Any news on this??

Upvote 0
Waiting for my phone to come from Verizon, but in the meantime I ordered these two cases.

Amazon.com: [SF Matte Black] Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Ringke SLIM Soft Feeling Premium Hard Case AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and Unlocked - Eco Package: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Cimo S-Line Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note II Note 2 (GT-N7100, All Carriers) - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

I want this so badly though. Just having my phone rest on a nice stand like this makes it easier to read and all.

Amazon.com: elago M2 Stand/Dock For iPhone 4/1G/3G/3GS/5S (Black) Angled Support for Easy Video Calling: Cell Phones & Accessories

Also excited for a car dock. A few areas around me have started cracking down on the whole distracted driving thing, so having a car dock makes sense.

Upvote 0
I have this one in white. Same cases on Amazon.
Out of the 4 you've already gotten do you have a favorite and how often do you switch them up?

What do you think to it, im also getting the white one, does it stand ok?

My favourite is the new one, i mostly use the Samsung flip case at work, then change at the weekends, but dont really like the Samsung one, the inside gets too dirty especially where your thumb grips the side of it, and also i hate having to take the back cover over every time i want to change covers :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones