1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Galaxy Note 2 - Sync contactsTips

1. Cshippen

Cshippen New Member

Just received my first android phone today. And i dont have a clue.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2

My phone has Synced all my contacts from facebook. But none of them have phone numbers.
    I was just wondering is there a way to Join contacts you add manually to sim or phone to the contacts already stored by facebook.

It looks messy having The same name twice in the contacts book.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt Well-Known Member

Not that I'm aware of. I never sync Facebook contacts to phone because of this.
  3. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

go into phone, contacts, click the menu button and select 'join'
  4. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

Facebook is a pain and unless you have the name and e-mail in your phone's contacts (exactly as facebook has it) when you sync facebook, they will not join; you then have to join them on by one by one by one by one by one by one :D

I agree with MiXoLoGiSt and do not sync my facebook contacts. I do recommend importing all your contacts to gmail (when you import from sim, select google) it makes it 1000x's easier to edit and see your contacts from your phone and at gmail.com
  5. Cshippen

Cshippen New Member

Ah thanks guys, Ill probably just to that then! Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.
    There doesnt seem to be a 'join' button.
  6. peter7769

peter7769 Well-Known Member

7. Cshippen

Cshippen New Member

Thanks peter, Seems like a decent app that works good. Cheers.

Another question, Ive backed up my contacts from my iphone onto my computer, as window contacts. How do i transfer them to Android ?
  8. peter7769

peter7769 Well-Known Member

No problem, and yes its a great little app as jellybean doesn't sync well with facebook without it, as for you other question im not sure on that one but have a look here as someone seems to have an answer

Google Groups

;)
  9. cvinny25

cvinny25 New Member

I've got a similar issue with importing my contacts from Handheld Contact. I have contacts with a work/home/cell/pager/fax numbers and 2 email addresses but it only seems to import the main 3 numbers being work/home/mobile and the main email. I see there is a way to manually add additional phone numbers and email addresses in individual contacts BUT I'm wondering if there is an automatic way to make sure all the phone numbers and email addresses import without having to edit 700+ contacts individually.