• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note alternative?

rosareven

Lurker
Jun 21, 2011
Hi droids,

I'm looking into investing a 5"-7" phone/tablet with ballpoint stylus, like the one with Galaxy Note. I was wondering if any of you can recommend a device that's 5"-7", has call functions (takes a sim card) and comes with a fine point stylus?

I found several Chinese-made tablets that fit the above on eBay, but they are all wifi-only and requires particular USB dongle to use 3G. Before I blow $600 on a note I just wanted to see if there are cheaper alternative for my needs. I plan to draw on AutoDesk SketchPad and make hand-written notes with it.

And please don't call us droids. That is a marketing term Verizon came up with.

lol sorry about that. I come from Australia so I had no idea.

Thank you all for the inputs. I'll go for the Note itself, either from Newegg or get the International version from Amazon, because I plan to use it in both Australia and America. Unless the one from Newegg is compatible too, which I'll contact them to inquire.

Reactions: Mostly Harmless
Upvote 0
lol sorry about that. I come from Australia so I had no idea.

Thank you all for the inputs. I'll go for the Note itself, either from Newegg or get the International version from Amazon, because I plan to use it in both Australia and America. Unless the one from Newegg is compatible too, which I'll contact them to inquire.

Definitely the right decision, you will be much happier with a quality device then some cheap chinese rip off.

Upvote 0
In that case do you think it's worth getting S3 with one of those capacitive stylus, instead of using the note with the S-Pen? For the purpose of writing/drawing on it frequently, that is.

The Note has a Wacom passive digitiser that is pressure-sensitive. It's very different to a capacitive stylus. I'm sure if you compared the two you will realise the Note's system is far superior for your needs.

Ian

Reactions: B2L
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones