1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Galaxy Note International N7000 4g for ATTTips

1. stylususer

stylususer New Member

Hi All,

I just got my Galaxy Note N7000 and I am loving it -- barring one issue: I cant seem to get connected to ATT's 4g network (not LTE - just the regular old 4g). Ive tried the following:
    1. restarting
    2. playing around with settings under Mobile network settings in the settings app including: Use packet data (checked), network mode (both gsm and wcdma only and auto mode), and select network operators

I am running out of ideas! Has anyone had an issue like this?

Thanks in advance for all the help you will give.
    Best,

Advertisement
  2. p51d007

p51d007 Member

3. stylususer

stylususer New Member

Thanks for this. I played around with the APN settings and things seem to be working now though not on HSPA+. Just EVDO seems like. Ill way until I am able to actually complete the process/be in a place with better cellphone reception and will report back. Thanks again!
  4. stylususer

stylususer New Member

I figured it must have been something that I did -- sure is! I had it as GSM only instead of auto between WCDMA and GSM. Works like a charm now.

Thanks!
  5. RaLeX

RaLeX Well-Known Member

Curious, are you using "pta"? or "phone"? and do you have them both created under Access Point Names, with obviously only one selected?

I tried using "PTA" and it worked for a bit, then eventually stops working. The H+ and the arrows (green/orange) show up in the status bar, but web pages won't load. I currently have "phone" selected and data works fine now, but I'm wondering if I'm missing out on a little bit of speed...

BTW, I'm on AT&T's individual voice/unlimited text with 3GB data plan with a 4G SIM card that I confiscated from my AT&T Note that I ordered and returned via AmazonWireless.