• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note International N7000 4g for ATT

stylususer

Lurker
Apr 24, 2012
Hi All,

I just got my Galaxy Note N7000 and I am loving it -- barring one issue: I cant seem to get connected to ATT's 4g network (not LTE - just the regular old 4g). Ive tried the following:
  1. restarting
  2. playing around with settings under Mobile network settings in the settings app including: Use packet data (checked), network mode (both gsm and wcdma only and auto mode), and select network operators

I am running out of ideas! Has anyone had an issue like this?

Thanks in advance for all the help you will give.
Best,

I figured it must have been something that I did -- sure is! I had it as GSM only instead of auto between WCDMA and GSM. Works like a charm now.

Thanks!

Curious, are you using "pta"? or "phone"? and do you have them both created under Access Point Names, with obviously only one selected?

I tried using "PTA" and it worked for a bit, then eventually stops working. The H+ and the arrows (green/orange) show up in the status bar, but web pages won't load. I currently have "phone" selected and data works fine now, but I'm wondering if I'm missing out on a little bit of speed...

BTW, I'm on AT&T's individual voice/unlimited text with 3GB data plan with a 4G SIM card that I confiscated from my AT&T Note that I ordered and returned via AmazonWireless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones