Galaxy Note Keyboard Recommendations?General

1. rg7718

rg7718 Active Member

Love the phone, but not too crazy about any of the included keyboards (especially Samsung's!)

Any recommendations from the Market? What's been working for you guys and gals?

Advertisement
  2. Fred G. Vader

Fred G. Vader Well-Known Member

Swype is the only keyboard i use. Absolutely love it!
  3. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Well-Known Member

I use SwiftKey X. I really like it and it works the best for me and my butterfingers.
  4. th3goob

th3goob Well-Known Member

i dont have my note yet, but on my inspire and sgs2 i use ice cream sandwhich free, ill let you know on monday if i like the ics keyboard on my note.
  5. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

On all of my previous phones, I used SwiftKey X. Love it, but on the note, it lagged and had issues (phone or tablet version).

I'm using Thumb Board 4 and LOVE it!
    rg7718 likes this.
  6. Reggie3

Reggie3 Well-Known Member

I totally agree. I put it on my Captivate almost two years ago - xferred it to my Skyrocket and now have it on my note
  7. rg7718

rg7718 Active Member

Thanks for all the suggestions....I pretty much tried them all in the past couple days, and I think I found a winner with Thumb Keyboard. Using it right now with its built in ICS theme and it's a delight. Worth the purchase!
  8. wutwutman

wutwutman Active Member

Gotta put my vote in for Swype. Although my co-worker just gave the thumbs-up for Swiftkey. So I may have to try it now..
  9. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

+1 for ICS Keyboard. My favorite by far.
  10. kensing65

kensing65 New Member

I just downloaded the ThumbKeyboard 4 for the note and so far love it.. love the fact that the numbers are right there for you.
  11. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

You can set up custom layout for Portrait and Landscape. Try different ones and see what works best for you. I love that part about Thumboard. :D
  12. SlideIT is great .. Lots of good looking clean skins. Best autocorrect. Simple layout.. Oh yea and resizable!
  13. johnb41

johnb41 Well-Known Member

I love Switftkey X... can't live without the auto predict feature.
  14. ryandelman

ryandelman Well-Known Member

I have fairly thick fingers (not fat, actually kind of spindly, but wide-ish at the tips) so really no virtual keyboard works well for me.

I have tried them all, and after everything, I've come back around to the latest iteration of Swype. It just seems that anything involving the actual mechanical act of "typing" causes me problems (Yes, tried Swiftkey 3 beta and all others).

Saying all this to say that I'm probably one of the few dinosaur hold-overs from the physical keyboard days who actually still pines for a good old fashioned physical keyboard. lol

-Ryan
  15. Bodestone

Bodestone Well-Known Member

Another one for Swiftkey. I've seen others with slightly better layout but they all lack the massive number of long press options available for extra characters from the main keyboard and of course the exceedingly impressive auto complete.

I've actually done almost whole sentences from just the first word.
  16. Bulldog

Bulldog Well-Known Member

Thumb Keyboard 4. Split keyboard in landscape, regular in portrait. Awesome!
  17. Peaches037

Peaches037 Well-Known Member

Swiftkey works great... I didn't know I had to use the tablet version which was great because I already use it on my tablet.. It looks much better on the note. You won't be disappointed..
  18. vice86

vice86 Well-Known Member

co-sign.

I tried SwiftKey for a couple days and went back to swype. Although I liked how Swiftkey had more useful keys layed out for you like ".com" and some others where you had to shift to get to on the stock keyboard.
  19. JUSTQUAN2

JUSTQUAN2 Well-Known Member

Ice cream sandwich donation with a red skin, change the portrait size and time good to go.

Attached Files:

20. droidcentric

droidcentric Well-Known Member

Perfect Keyboard and ICS Keyboard work great with my Gorilla hands.

Tried others and could never get used to them.
  21. Dangry

Dangry Member

Smart keyboard pro is a good one and my personal fav! lots of skins and options make it work for me.
  22. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I've been using the Jelly Bean keyboard, since I was a big fan of the ICS keyboard. Only issue is that when you save something on the fly to your user dictionary it makes you verify the word again, even after telling it to save the word. Not a deal breaker but does anyone know how to turn this off?
  23. wutwutman

wutwutman Active Member

I'm back to Swype after trying Swiftkey, ICS, and Jellybean keyboards. I just like sliding as opposed to typing I suppose lol
  24. geeingu

geeingu Well-Known Member

Loving swype as well