• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note: Leave Back Cover Off?

PeteCress

Android Enthusiast
Aug 12, 2010
Paoli PA, USA
Just got my el-cheapo ($1.58 post-paid Amazon.com: LE Black S-Line Soft TPU Gel Case Cover For Samsung Galaxy Note / i9220 GT-N7000: Cell Phones & Accessories) case for my Note.

Seems to beg a question: Why bother snapping the back on and off when one can just let the case retain the battery?

Seems relevant bc that back can only have so many snap-off-snap-on cycles in it's life... and besides there's a PITA factor... Doing a batter-pull cold start, for instance: why not just peel off the gel case and have at it?

Is it that obvious? Or am I about to shoot myself in the foot?

The only reason you leave the back plate on when you put a case over your phone, which i am assuming you are asking about...

Is sometimes there is a little wiggle room, meaning the case doesn't fit actually right against the back of the phone, and this little room could jar the battery out of the phone and cause your phone to turn off and on.

This is why it is optimal to keep the back plate on even when you have a case.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
A TPU case is more for fashion than protection. Without that hard back plastic cover, the insides, read camera, battery, SIM card, SD card, and all circuits, are at the mercy of a malleable gel case. They are exposed to sand/lint in your pockets, which easily slide into a gel case, and even drops. To me, it is not worth the risk. Not to mention, phones these days rarely require battery pulls.

Upvote 0
A TPU case is more for fashion than protection. Without that hard back plastic cover, the insides, read camera, battery, SIM card, SD card, and all circuits, are at the mercy of a malleable gel case. They are exposed to sand/lint in your pockets, which easily slide into a gel case, and even drops. To me, it is not worth the risk. Not to mention, phones these days rarely require battery pulls.

That nails it for me.

Back to the hard cover.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones