• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note, Nexus or Droid RAZR?

Clarkie

Feb 9, 2011
Hey,

I'm looking to get a new phone at Christmas and I'm going to buy an Android phone. I waited until the Galaxy Nexus came out thinking I'll get it but it seems to be a bit of a dissapointment.

I've looked at what other people say and it's clear what's better on what phone but I want to know what is worth paying for in my situation.

I was expecting the Galaxy Nexus to be better than the Galaxy S2, especially for

Ive just ordered the Note. Havent been hands on with one yet, as no stores seem to have them.

But for me, it wins hands down. The size was my main attraction. Coming from an iPhone 4, ive been toying with the idea of a tablet for a while. But cant justify carrying 2 devices. Enter the Note :)

Upvote 0
If you don't mind the size the Galaxy Note is the best of the three, better screen, processor and fastest out the three for gaming, also it has a huge battery.

I wouldn't even factor in ICS; it's irrelevant as it's not a requirement for anything yet. It’s just for bragging rights and all three will have the update eventually.

the Nexus should feel snappier than the S2 anyway.

I don't see how, the Galaxy S2 is smooth as silk, no lag at all. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Doesn't the Nexus have a newer processor? Would that not be slightly more efficient or better in some way?

It doesnt, and considering that the TI-OMAP chipset technology is inferior to the Exynos on the SGS2, I'd expect them both to perform at par considering that the SG2 has an overlay, and the Nexus none. However we also have to remember that the same old GPU as the SGS1, compared to the newer and arguably better one on the SGS2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones