• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Note not charging

I've had my note less than 2 months and its having a similar issue. When using the charging cord that came with phone, it won't even recognize it much less charge. I used an older 2port cord and it won't charge through the wall but will charge slowly through my laptop. Just started last night. Yesterday my battery was draining fast and I didn't do anything unusual. Please help or give any advice. I really need my phone for work!

Upvote 0
I have the exact same prob.

These are the things I thought would help but didn’t:

- Switching to different chargers; different cables/adapter. [X]
- Factory Reset [X]
-Wipe Cache Partition [X]
-Reboot [X]
- Battery Pull and wait for 10 sec. [X]
- Long press power button (or with volume button) YES IT WORKED, BUT SELDOM HAPPENED. (I CAN NO LONGER DO THIS, I THINK MY DEVICE HAS HAD ENOUGH WITH THIS TRICK) [X]

- Consulted to technician, they fix/soldered (don’t know if it’s the right term) two times the usb port of my tab. (YES IT BEGAN TO CHARGED AFTER THE TECHNICIAN, BUT WHEN I GOT HOME, STILL DON’T CHARGE PROPERLY)

Lastly
- Reprogram [X] (YES IT BEGAN TO CHARGED AFTER THE TECHNICIAN, BUT WHEN I GOT HOME, STILL DON’T CHARGE PROPERLY, again) [X]

I thought reprogarmming will resolve if issue was a software problem or a virus or incompatibility of OS ( I still think software has something to do with this, I don’t like Kitkat, Im sure this started with the Kitkat update, I want my jellybean back, but there’s no rolling back, programmer here don’t wanna downgrade android os because it’s too risky, they said.)

There is only one thing I haven’t tried yet. Getting a new battery.

I also have these other issues like:

-Tablet is turning on by itself
-Slow charge and fast discharge
-Red X on battery icon
-Dock mode appears
-Device overheat

Upvote 0
I'm having similar problems. Ever since I dropped my Samsung Y accidently in a bowl of sauce. It pretty much stopped working. So I looked aroung the house and found a Galaxy Note, previously drained for about 3 months. First couple of months using it was totally fine. Then it started to charge slower and drain the battery while charging. The simple solution for the time being was to, exit all apps and clear the ram memory. Worked like a charm until it didn't want to charge at all. For about two weeks I left it uncharged until I decided to try it again. It charged to 100% and worked with no problems. Until a week later same thing happened. Only this time the only way I can charge it is to turn it off for about 20 minutes and then turn it on again. Also, it can only sustain a stable charge when it's above 20%.

Upvote 0
Hi i have a galaxy note 1 too and mine was working i turned it off and didnd use it for a while when i wanted to charge it it did nothing the screen stays black i tried to turn it on... nothing still a black screen. I even charged it overnight the next morning... still nothing i tryed to do the static electricity fix (hold pwr button for 1 min without battery) and tryed to charge it again nothing

Please help me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones