Galaxy note on straight talkGeneral

1. Nycokla

Nycokla Well-Known Member

Do I need an unlocked note or an att note? Either way, what straight talk sim card should I get, the unlocked or the att

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk

Advertisement
    :
  2. Nycokla

Really, nothing?

3. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Both will "function" on Straight Talk's network however you will need to get an unlock code for the AT&T branded version...may prove difficult sans an AT&T account. FWIW, newegg.com has the unlocked-international version for $499 for a short time.
  4. vampash1987

vampash1987 Member

They are sold out now ugh!!
  5. Nycokla

Att branded will work with st

6. vampash1987

vampash1987 Member

Wait.. I dont mean to sound like an idiot, but I am looking into gettting a note and using it with straight talk. Since newegg is sold out of the unlocked one for 499.99 I have been looking on craigslist. Everyone on there of course has an at&t branded one. When I go to straight talk the site tells me I just need a compatible phone. So would I need to STILL call at&t and get an unlock code even though I would be buying the at&t compatible sim?? I'm just looking for help before dropping 500+. Thanks!:eek::confused:
  7. Nycokla

From what I understand you just need to get the att card from straight talk and your good to go... Let me know how it goes

8. colnago

Go to amazon.com, and get the N7000 Note for ~$530.
  9. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I personally would get an unlocked one that's not AT&T branded so you can get the Exynos processor, as you won't be using LTE anyways if you get the US version on straight talk. The only thing you'd miss is NFC once ICS gets released, so keep that in mind.
  10. Lafgr8

Lafgr8 Member

So, the international note will work on straight talk, but will it be able to run 3G?
  11. colnago

Any phone with either UMTS 850, or UMTS 1900, will connect on 3G for AT&T and Straight Talk.
  12. Nycokla

What is NFC?

13. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

14. Nycokla

So only the unlocked notes have this?

15. tmags2

tmags2 Active Member

I have an AT&T Galaxy Note and I was using Straight Talk with it. I love it and it works great. My problem is I have Verizon service and the Note does not work on Verison so I'm selling it on Craig's List and EBay. If Verizon comes out with the Note I will definitely purchase it again.
  16. Vipfreak

Vipfreak Well-Known Member

So how is the reception for straight talk? I'm a bit worried about that.

If people could chime in from the bay area (california) that would be great. Thanks
  17. BobbyD13

BobbyD13 New Member

I, too, would like to get a Galaxy Note and straight talk service with AT&T. Is there a chance an unlocked GSM Note gets put on T-Mobile's network? I have very spotty T-Mobile coverage where I live and I have read that T-Mobile blocks 3G data access for phones not branded with them (only get EDGE data) through straigh talk.

Anyone know therefore if I would get the AT&T Compatible phone SIM or the Unlocked GSM phone SIM from straight talk.

Also, does the AT&T branded Note need an unlock code before using through Straight Talk?

THANKS
  18. Carolina Media

Carolina Media Well-Known Member

T-Mobile's 3G/4G isn't compatible with the Note or any other AT&T devices. You are right that you would only get Edge data with a T-Mobile sim. Get the AT&T compatible sim from straight talk and it should work on the AT&T Note without having to be unlocked.
  19. feuxfollets

feuxfollets Member

Can you just use a sim card from AT&T on the Straighttalk network? Since they use AT&T towers anyway.
  20. Nycokla

Well if you used just an att sim card it would be through att not straight talk
  21. NaHPrO

NaHPrO Well-Known Member

I am running the samsung note on straight talk, I have the international version... you can find the apn settings here, but when you purchase the sim card thru straight talk, it does not give you an UNLOCK code, it just sends the sim card with the APN settings that you have to change. This is a great plan and works for the note, but there is a drawback I have had with my note... sometimes when im searching online, or running an app that uses the internet, the internet cuts out completely, and I have to go to settings and disable data network and re enable the data network to force it to come back on... then I have a network again, sometimes it just goes right back out and I have to do it again... It is a pain. I bought my note on craigslist for 500 about 3 months ago. I used at first the sim that came with the nokia e71, it works, the "bring your own sim" doesnt help with the internet problem, they say its for "at&t" network that the straight talk sim wont work, the sim is EXACTLY THE SAME.. and still having the network issue. It did not do this at first, but once I got into using the phone and got that phone call where they told me I was going over my 2GB limit or w/e and they would ban my account if I did not slow down on surfing the web, thats when it started doing this and when you call u get a foreigner that doesnt understand anything, and cannot help you, so good luck! If you have any more questions about it then PM me.

Also forgot to mention, you DO NOT GET 3G. You only get the H+ crap, idk if thats any good or not... my phones fast for straight talk, but if you want to watch you tube and stuff theres a lot of loading involved..... also, when you go online your network will keep switchin from H to H+ to 3G and back to H+ and normally stay there, never have 3G for more than 1 second.
  22. Nycokla

I also have straight talk with the note and don't have the problems that your talking about.. And that "h+" would crap is faster than 3g...Im in ny an have never had below 3bars of the 4g "h+"
  23. NaHPrO

NaHPrO Well-Known Member

h+ is not 4G, as the international phone is not a 4G phone.. It may be an enhanced 3G but its not 4g.. and all im saying is that it cycles through the 3 or shuts off completely... maybe its a software issue idk.
  24. EDFX00

EDFX00 Member

Can someone share with me the exact Straight Talk APN settings they used for the ATT Galaxy Note. I have it and its not recognizing the SIM. Straight Talk's tech support is total garbage.

Thank you.