• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Note randomly dies

ROWMEISTA

Lurker
Feb 4, 2014
Recently my Samsung Galaxy Note has been having a problem. It has a tendency to die or restart randomly while in use. It has never died or restarted while above 70% battery power, or when not in use, any other time it could die or restart at any given moment. When the phone does this it "loses" its battery power, I say "loses" because if I take out the battery, out if I can manage to turn the phone off for a while, I can turn the phone back on, and the battery is still roughly what it was before dying-restarting. Also, when the phone restarts, after booting up, the phone will immediately try to restart again. My only temporary fix for this issue is to put the phone on charge. Please let me know if there is a solution to this problem.

My first thought would be that the battery is shot or that there is a connection issue at the battery terminals.

Any chance you could take your note into your carrier and ask to test a new battery? If they don't carry the device anymore, you may be able to find a cheap replacement battery on Amazon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones