Galaxy Note stuck at Samsung logo after automatic updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. darkmav

darkmav Well-Known Member

Hi,

So I have been using ICS on my Galaxy Note for almost a month now, and a few minutes ago, I saw a message telling me that an update had been downloaded and the phone would be rebooted to install the update.

I clicked the OK button in the dialog box, and my phone did reboot but is now stuck at the flashing Samsung logo (after the initial musical animation, which incidentally was terminated midway). It has been about 5-8 minutes.

Should I just wait for the flashing logo to disappear and the home screen to show up? Could something be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
    LoadRunner likes this.
  2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Yes, wait. Do not interrupt it.
  3. darkmav

The phone got quite hot after about 20 minutes, so I switched it off by pressing the power button. Then I switched it back on after a while, and it was stuck at the flashing Samsung logo. Then I kept it in my pocket and forgot all about it. I just took it out after about 2 hours, and now it won't turn on.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Okay now it does turn on, but it has been stuck at the flashing Samsung logo for as long as I can remember. Also its getting very warm. What should I do?
  4. touringhaggis

touringhaggis Well-Known Member

I guess the battery discharged, if the processor was being used a lot, two hours would be enough to do that.

Regards,
    Eric Ritchie.
  5. darkmav

Thanks Eric. But even after the battery has been charged, the phone is still stuck at the flashing Samsung logo. When I plug it in, Windows detects it as a Samsung USB modem, but Kies obviously doesn't detect it.

The portion at the back near the camera is quite warm. I have removed the back cover, to avoid any overheating.

Any ideas?
    Pinmac1 likes this.
  6. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho New Member

Hi,

I have the same problem.
    I had an ICS update and was using my Note for more approx 3 weeks now. Today I got another update and post the installation the Mobile refuses to boot.
    The flash screen of Samsung comes up, post that there is this Samsung logo comes up.
    n It Stays There..Forever.
    Hard Reset does not work...
    Restart does not work...
    Recharging does not work...
    Battery swap does not work..

Please Help
  7. kurivellam

kurivellam New Member

having same problem, can anyone help. just today morning i got this update and it is stuck at the blinking "samsung" logo after boot. I got ICS update about 3 weeks ago and from then no problem till today's update; was about 7MB.

totally :confused:
  8. saberblitz

saberblitz New Member

its The same problem here I think the update itself had a problem and hope Samsung comes out with a good solution ASAP but how is it that v put this in Samsung's Ears ?:mad::mad:
  9. neocast

neocast New Member

I too have the same issue..last night got the 7MB update and it screwed up my phone...stuck on the samsung logo page.
  10. ashOtago

ashOtago New Member

Hi everyone...
    I am also facing the exact same problem....
    The reboot is stuck at the SAMSUNG logo...........seems like an upgrade issue or something like that....
    But I'd appreciate some quick help........
  11. rrudani

rrudani New Member

Hi guys ,

Its wierd. Downloaded the update and it rebooted and was stuck. Tried to boot in recovery mode but no luck. Tried the vol down + home + power and its showing the odin mode screen but dont know how to proceed further. Help will be appreciated.
  12. nandan8312

nandan8312 New Member

im also facing the same problem from yesterday's automatic update.......i went to a samsung service center and they told me to get a software flashing as the update went wrong...
  13. raj88

raj88 New Member

same problem here as well.....on rebooting after the update....the phones stuck at samsung logo page.....any help will be appreciated...
  14. darkmav

So it seems this has happened only to Indian users?
  15. saberblitz

saberblitz New Member

yea i guess so only 2 Indian users i just hope i dont have 2 loose data that is there in the fone X_X..
  16. darkmav

Did you try contacting the Samsung Service Center? What do they have to say? I'm essentially in a village right now and the service center is almost a city away, so I guess I have to wait till I return to my hometown.

I wish there were some key combination that one could invoke to hard reset it during bootup. What will the service center do anyway if the phone does not boot up at all?
  17. aquananu

aquananu New Member

hi i am also victim of the same issue, the update has made my phone useless.

I contacted the service center, they say they will flash the firmware but all the data will be lost :((

If anyone has found any other solution please advise it would be a great help.

I am trying to find a way to access the phone internal memory, if i am able to then i shall share the method with all.
  18. saberblitz

saberblitz New Member

aquananu likes this.
  19. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

Install PC ODIN. Connect the Galaxy note to a computer and run the PC ODIN, if it detect your phone, flash a new ROM. If it fail to detect, submit to the service center.
  20. darkmav

Using Odin will void the warranty on your phone as far as I know.

There ought to be a better way to do a hard reset -- even if it be at the expense of the data on the phone, maybe using some on-bootup key strokes?
  21. touringhaggis

I heard that you will only void the warranty if you flash custom ROMs, however flashing the official firmware should be ok.

Regards,
    Eric Ritchie.
  22. aquananu

aquananu New Member

Flame1on1 likes this.
  23. darkmav

How can I flash the ROM when my phone won't even boot up? The link you gave says

"Enable USB debugging on your Galaxy Note."

I can't do that. Also, the phone does not respond to the combination of keystrokes (power + volume + home).
  24. ashOtago

ashOtago New Member

I have the same ques as well ...How do I enable USB debugging on my note????.....
    Moreover when i connect it to my MAC then it goes undetected..:-(
    I bought this phone from India....and right now I am in NZ...so there is no way I can go back to the place where I purchased it.......
    If anyone can offer any help then plzzzz do.....
    Samsung NZ guys say they can't repair a phone that has been bought from india....
    Samsung india guys say bring the phone back to them...........What the hell should I do .:-(((((
  25. touringhaggis

I am no lawyer, but this sounds dodgy to me. As fas as I know the warranty on the Note is an international warranty. Therefore it should not matter where you bought it. I would call Samsung and ask them what to do.

Regards,
    Eric Ritchie.