galaxy player 3.6 random noise out of speakerSupport

1. brosko

brosko Well-Known Member

so i got my sgp 3.6 refurb that i ordered from amazon the other day. it is a pretty nice little player. screen could be better as could a few other things, but that's a whole other topic.
    i was wondering if anybody else, who has an sgp 3.6 or any model for that matter has noticed an audible click noise out of the speaker that happens randomly as you navigate through the device? it seems to happen a few times every couple of minutes after i click an app or something and seems to only do it when i have the sound on for the audible click. (although i am not talking about the normal click itself)
    it is not that loud and i don"t think it warrants sending it back as it seems to function perfectly otherwise. just curious if anyone else has experienced this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

Hi brosko. I never had random noises come from any of the players I had.
    Since you aren't referring to normal clicks from let's say the keyboard have you checked under "sound" settings to see if you have "touch" sounds enabled?

I don't remember all the settings or if that player even has it but it's worth a look.
    If it doesn't have that setting call Amazon for an exchange.
  3. brosko

brosko Well-Known Member

ya it has the setting and it only makes the noise when this setting is on, but after the initial click when you tap something. i put my ear up to the speaker and listened. i can hear the speaker hiss very slightly for a second after the clickand then a little pop which is the speaker shutting off. i then listened to my sgp 5 and two sgp 4's. they all make the slight hiss (this can only be heard when you have your ear up to the speaker) but not the pop when the speaker shuts off. basically what is going on is that the speaker sometimes makes a very slight pop noise when shutting off. i dont think it is anything to worry about.

however since then i have noticed that the screen has like a blue tint that appears on it only after scrolling and reaching the bottom or top of the page. it only does it when you are trying to scroll further but there is no more to scroll. also noticed that the veiwing angle of the screen is horrible but really only to one side, when you tilt it to the left while holding it in portrait the screen appears real dark and becomes hardly visible. this is just with a slight tilt (5 or so degrees) to the left. all other directions are fine even on a sharp angle. not sure if this is just how these screens are or not as i have read many reviews that say the veiwing angles are horrible on the 3.6. it just seems funny that on mine there is really only a problem to one direction.

if anybody has the 3.6 i would appreciate if you could see if yours is the same as i dont have another 3.6 to compare it to.
  4. ScandaLeX

I've only used mine with either a wired or BT headset so maybe that's why I never heard any popping although I'd imagine if I had that problem the sound would manifest itself in either of the headsets.

That "blue tint" is the indicator you've scrolled as far as you can go in either direction. Very similar to Apples "bounce back."

Also I never had any screen issues but you can adjust your display. Go into settings, display, screen mode.
    That may help with the viewing angles you described.
  5. brosko

brosko Well-Known Member

Just got a new one. Guess what! it makes the same noise, even more frequently if anything. i have come to the conclusion that the sgp 3.6 is an inferior device when compared to the 4 and 5 models.
  6. ScandaLeX

@brosko That could be possible. I never had the smaller player simply because it was too small.
  7. brosko

brosko Well-Known Member

the other day i used a third 3.6 and guess what, same noise. it is definetly normal for the 3.6.