Galaxy Player 3.6???General

1. En4cer2k11

En4cer2k11 Well-Known Member

OK, so scouring various tech sites such as engadget frequently, I was already aware that there was a recent Galaxy Player 4.2 released in other parts of the world, even though I fail to see the point when you already have a 4 inch and 5 inch model already out. But imagine my surprise when I walk into my local Best Buy and browse through the MP3 player section to find a THIRD Galaxy Player model on display. But it wasn't the 4.2 inch model that I had previously heard about, but out if nowhere I see this Galaxy Player 3.6! And I'm thinking to myself, why on earth would you make a 3.6 inch device when you already have a larger 4 inch device on the market? You didn't go bigger, instead you went SMALLER? Only 0.1 inches larger than the iPod Touch that you are trying to directly compete with? I mean its bad enough how iSheep always knock Samsung for "copying" Apple all the time, but this doesn't exactly help Samsung's case very much. I just don't understand the NEED for such a device...

Advertisement
    :
  2. marcelf

marcelf Well-Known Member

cheaper device! in the Uk the 4 and 5 come with android 2.2, only the 3.6 comes with android 2.3. That for me is much worse!

The 3.6 comes with a much lower resolution screen, so not interested myself.

I also belive there are problems updating some samsung devices to android 4.0, some simply cant have it, so these new ones might have the fixes to allow them to run 4.0
    TBH their tablet strategy is no better!

marcel

5 incher and proud!