1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Galaxy Player 4.0 Root ?

1. ojay751

ojay751 New Member

Is there any way to root the samsung galaxy player 4.0 without a computer ?

Advertisement
  2. Sideman

Sideman Well-Known Member

Welcome, ojay751. I'm not one of the experts, but from what I've read, I think it requires a computer/laptop with a usb port to do the job.

Maybe someone else will chime in on this question.

Would you mind telling us why you fell you need to root the SGP? I'm just curious.
  3. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

ive rooted thru odin on windows and custom rom
  4. Sideman

Sideman Well-Known Member

I'll ask you the same question, eljefe0000. Why did you feel your Galaxy Player needed to be rooted?
  5. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

well for this particular android if you dont really like flashing roms and kernals you dont have to but i like flashing all kinds of roms and stuff on my android devices but this particular device doesnt have a lot of roms for the moment but i think the rom i have on it now klins is really nice so far all depens om the user