1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Galaxy Player WiFi Reception weaker with age?Support

1. brosko

brosko Well-Known Member

I purchased my sgp 5.0 back in the beginning of January and have noticed over the last 2 Weeks or so that the wifi reception on the device seems to be one bar or so less than it was when it was new (at any given distance from the router). I also purchased my net gear router at the same time. Has anyone else noticed a weaker reception with time on either a router or the sgp.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Sideman

Sideman Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed any degradation. I had a Linksys/Cisco E3000 router before I got my SGP5 and and the signal seems to be the same now as it was when new.

It could be possible that your router signal has decreased? If anything has changed in your environment, it could affect the signal.
  3. marcelf

marcelf Well-Known Member

it could be interference from other routers nearby or your router may have changed it's chanel.
    there are apps to check how strong your signal is

marcel
  4. Sideman

Sideman Well-Known Member

Marcelf brought up a good point...interference.

A good app to check for all WiFi signals is WiFi Analyzer. It shows all the signals around you and their signal strengths. At home, I have 3 neighbors using the same channel (not me, I'm on an empty one) and I'm sure they are having interference issues. This app will let you find an unused channel.

Another similar app you might like is WiFi Analytics.
    brosko likes this.