1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!

General Galaxy Prevail 2?

1. creed10

creed10 Well-Known Member

I read some post online that Samsung plans to release a newer version of the prevail. I highly doubt this is true, but then again it IS Samsung's best-selling phone. Has anybody else heard of such a thing?

Advertisement
  2. vce2005

vce2005 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I believe you may mean the Samsung Galaxy Rush !!! There was another thread ( can't find it right now ), saying that the Rush looks almost like the Prevail.....
    creed10 likes this.
  3. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member

Yep, I heard the same thing.
    creed10 likes this.
  4. vce2005

creed10 likes this.
  5. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member

I would expect the Prevail name to pop-up again down the line.

Samsung has built goodwill with the name associated with the nice sales figures, that goodwill has value.
    creed10 likes this.
  6. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Well-Known Member

Lolz we can dream of it definetly. I love the prevail. Everything about it. It just needs a bigger screen more ram and higher resolution pic and can maybe a forward facing camera...

Edit: Double the battery life while they are at it
    creed10 and mysticspiral like this.
  7. SirSpace

SirSpace Well-Known Member

yeah that wouldnt be bad at all ive had my prevail for 2 years and i never had a problem with it.
    creed10 likes this.
  8. metalbiker

metalbiker Well-Known Member

i got the galaxy rush its literally the upgrade from the prevail and its got ics XD
    creed10 likes this.
  9. nasstyrome

nasstyrome Well-Known Member

galaxy rush is confirmed as the Prevail2.
    creed10 likes this.
  10. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

creed10 likes this.
  11. creed10

Alright this is pretty sweet. Glad to see not everything online is fake :)
  12. deadlymatter20

deadlymatter20 New Member

your right there is another Samsung galaxy prevail coming later in 2013 (wiki: boost mobile)
  13. deadlymatter20

deadlymatter20 New Member

one more thing don't assume the design of the galaxy rush is to be the prevail 2. these people have said this without a source cited. if u want to know about the latest and greatest from boost mobile I see im gonna have to keep coming back here. look out for an LG phone with a 4.7 inch screen and 1.5 dual core processor with L.T.E
  14. i4cbj45

i4cbj45 Well-Known Member

BESTBUY is selling the prevail ll It looks like a small S3, decent specs also. hmmmm
  15. vce2005

Yup, it's the M840...... Specs are real good actually, has Jellybean 4.1, two cameras, 1.4Ghz processor, 1GB RAM, 4GB internal, sd-card up to 64GB...... for $179 at BestBuy for Boost Mobile..... ( wondering what Boost will charge for this puppy ;) ).......
  16. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter! Moderator

I found what you were talking about it. Odd thing is there's no mention of it on Boost's website, nor did I find it on the websites of Amazon and Walmart. Plus, by the image of the device, it looks like a white version of the Galaxy Ring
  17. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member

18. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter! Moderator

19. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member

the Samsung Galaxy Rush/Reverb were released last year as low/midrange offerings. a single core second gen snapdragon cpu. the Galaxy Ring/Prevail 2 are the same exact phones (at least as far as specs go) as those two but with a sgs3 styled body.

that means as soon as we have a tester the OUDHS will be able to port recovery/root to both devices. CM should be a bit further for yall because of the reverb's advancements with it.
  20. Telecommando

Telecommando Active Member

21. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member

22. Koumajutsu

Koumajutsu Well-Known Member

Why was I not notified of this? :)
  23. wolfemcbane

wolfemcbane Active Member

Check your pms
  24. creed10

lol i posted this almost a year ago and now look. I got the phone 20 minutes ago xD