Galaxy Proclaim timing outSupport

1. Squeegequeen

Squeegequeen New Member

How do you keep the screen from going black when u make a call? It happens instantaneously. Can't access the dial pad/speaker/mute... & have to end call with power button to get screen back up. Tried the time out settings & still does it.

Originally my problem was trying to end the call when I was finished. I changed the setting to end call with power button, but it doesn't solve the issue of it going black to access the speaker or dial pad screen.

It's starting to get annoying every time I try to make a call & have to end it & try again just to try to have the screen stay up to use the dial pad/speaker.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement
  2. uttercaro

uttercaro Member

Have you tried shaking the phone just a little while you're on a call? That brings the options screen up on mine. (Maybe that won't work with the end-call-with-power-button setting enabled; I don't know.)
  3. DarkJedi

DarkJedi Well-Known Member

The proximity sensor is what makes the screen go blank during a call. Put the phone near your face, it blanks... take away from face, it lights up. Sounds like your is bad. Get it exchanged.
    Squeegequeen likes this.
  4. Squeegequeen

Squeegequeen New Member

I think your answer in a round-about fixed my problem.....I had a gel cover on it & it was partially covering the sensor...didn't see it until I held it at an angle..it's right next to the speaker.
  5. robtonet

robtonet New Member

i do and it is driving me nuts.......that and trying to find any help from the st morons....and youtube, someone surly out of 9 billion people has fixed this surly
  6. robtonet

robtonet New Member

just out of curiousity if my sensor was indeed bad, how and where would i get it replaced.........walmart?? how long would it take how much would it cost and finally what would i do for a phone in the meantime......it is a straighttalk galaxy droid.....i dont ever recall seeing any repair shops for those.???no spell checker huh?
  7. DarkJedi

DarkJedi Well-Known Member

You have the following choices:
    1) If within exchange period... Exchange it.
    2) If within warranty period... Send to manufacturer for repairs.
    3) Buy new phone (look online eBay/Craigslist for used ones if you want to save money).