Galaxy S 3General

1. dharp1996

dharp1996 Well-Known Member

Some might see this as a wasted post....but the Galaxy S III is coming to metro!!! Just letting you dudes know

Advertisement
  2. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

Yup its all over the metro pcs forums hope bye OCT 12, Im getting Ready lol ;)

[​IMG]
  3. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

I'm getting mine on black friday on sprint for 50. Metro signal sucks here and sprint should be rolling out real 4g soon.
    Plus might get the new nexus if it comes out by then. ;)
    So win win for me.
  4. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

In my area, sprint 4G is just as slow as metro's 3G...
  5. HereticSins

Really?
    Cause sprint doesn't have 4g yet.
    Only 3g and wimax.
    Unless you consider wimax 4g.
    But over here I have absolutely no signal on metro. I can only text and call, though I can't go a minute without a dropped call.
    Sprint has good 3g all around here plus its 50 dollars for an s3! Or 100 for a nexus.
  6. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

eh a cdma Nexus really puts a damper on the experience, in like being months behind on updates because vzw, sprint, etc have to fudge it up with their bs b4 releasing it. Want the real deal get the unlocked GSM model ;) and yes that mean AT&T or T-Mobile. ;)

Think Sprint has rolled at 4g in some area, Puerto Rico is the only one I have heard about tho.

And with those subsidized prices you are actually paying for the phone monthly. ;)

GNexus is $349 from Google outright. ;)
  7. traajik

traajik Well-Known Member

since this is a for those who dont know thread. ill share that on the metro site they got a raffle or some contest going on to win a s3.

enter to win!

and if you win because of this post right here.
    i want a hundred dolllars.
  8. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

I honestly dont know too much about Sprint network but my fried showed me speed test that was done in Blackslee, PA. he had 40 mbit download and about 20 mbit upload. Im not sure how its even possible
  9. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

tell em to rerun it with his wifi off. ;)
  10. mrpnut

Well you might wanna wait because sprint still might buy metro pcs, also dish network. Dish currently owns 40 MHz of S-band spectrum--specifically from 2000-2020 MHz and 2180-2200 MHZ, but most likely they might merge with sprint and not T-mobile.
  11. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

i ran it myself on his phone. And he has crappy cable at home. There is Sprint race track 1 mile away. thats the only possible explaination I have to this kind of speeds
  12. darryim

darryim Well-Known Member

So who's going to get it? I will ;-)

[​IMG]
  13. HereticSins

14. mrpnut

Lets start searching before posting new threads thx..... Moving this over ;)
  15. dharp1996

16. HereticSins

I know someone else made the same thread and it got moved and merged here.
  17. mrpnut

They started a new thread about the same topic so i moved it over here ;)
  18. TheGoodMan

TheGoodMan Well-Known Member

I want to buy the s3, but idk if its worth it for me since i have the motion and spec wise its similar. Plus i don't really take pictures or videos nor watch Netflix much. Just not really into media. Maybe I'll just hold till black Friday.
  19. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

If you don't mind the smaller screen and are granny Smithing your phone I'd say stick with what you got.

The lg motion is an excellent device.
  20. dharp1996

Okay cool
  21. anubispax

anubispax Well-Known Member

Sprint has a tower where I work here in North Jersey. They are suppost to be bringing LTE online here in November. They have 4G LTE online in a bunch of smaller and a few urban markets already. They pulled all the Nextel racks out to make room a couple months ago.
  22. omgbossis21

omgbossis21 Well-Known Member

Is it out yet?
  23. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Yea wimax...that's what I meant. 3G sprint >metro 3G