• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S 4G FAQ's

mavictb

Aug 4, 2010
Reno, NV
Q:What is the internal memory?
A:1gb internal with a 16gb external card included.

Q: Does it lad like the Vibrant?
A: No, it is very snappy and responsive.

Q: Does the GPS work like crap like the rest of the Galaxy S devices?
A: No, in fact it has 5sec. cold start locks with consistent 5m accuracy.

Q: Is the compass useless like the one found on the vibrant?
A: No, it works just as it should.

Q: can it be rooted?
A: yes, it can be rooted using the rage method. that said there is no ROMS and no Clockwork Recovery yet.

if you have any other questions I will try to answer them and add them to the OP.

Reactions: AustinTech
ok so a few questions for ya. What is rooting? what is it good for? How do you root a phone?

I'm trying to copy and paste in my emails and its doing nothing, do you know how i need to copy and paste in my yahoo email?

I'm trying to get my phone to read all the music off my sd card, and i can't get it to do that, do you know how i can do that?

Last question, how do you tether this phone? I used to be able to do it with my blackberry b/c it had to option on the desktop manager, but i don't know how to do it with this phone.

Sorry for so many questions, but i just got my phone so i'm trying to see what all i can do with it. Thank you so much for any helpful advise you can give me.

Kati

Upvote 0
I am a pretty new owner of one of a Galaxy S 4G. I am on the Sprint network. It got updated recently to 2.2.1. While I like the silencer on the notification bar, orientation sensing got sluggish, notification ringtone got substituted and would not restore from settings, sound. This may be user ignorance. Is there a function I don't know about that will now set different sounds for an email notification and a text notification? Thanks for taking the time. I'm also curious about the risks/advantages of root for this device. Sorry to bother you about this if there is a well-known faq or other ref, but this forum is the best thing I found by googling the question.

Upvote 0
I use Verizon and when I look at my texts there are some threads that the person's name highlighted in color and others that are white. Why is that?
Also, I have an IMAC and when I plug in my phone to grab songs off of the IMAC Itunes does not recognize the phone.
Any easy instructions ? I tried using some other advice using downloaded apps but kept running into problems. Thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones