Galaxy S accessories?Tips

Last Updated:

1. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So any news on accessories. We all know about the home dock, but considering the phone is coming out in different flavors, will it still work with all of them? How bout a car dock, that would be killer.

Advertisement
  2. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

The home dock should be fine as far as I know they still have the same inputs so I don't see why not.

3. himu88

himu88 New Member

1...home dock....yeh how can i have one 4 my galaxy S.... im keen.
    2...synching with my laptop useing kyes software is still a problem, it not connecting the phone... can anybody help me out.
    3... is there any application for scheduled SMS?.. for android ...to use in my Galaxy S....
    information welcome.

4. gerberman

gerberman Well-Known Member

Have you tried the usual fix of connecting in usb debuging mode....under settings/applications/development tick usb debugging it worked for me and once it did i didnt have to use debug next time

5. dabluone

dabluone Member

Need to keep this thread alive for when the train full of owners comes rolling by asking the same question. Sticky maybe? If its near the top hopefully members can add there findings......

Having searched high and low there a nearly no accessories for this phone yet - Im hoping this changes over the coming weeks as people learn of this device. Hopefully Incipio and Switcheasy get on board, Im looking for a hard shell case like iphone.

6. dabluone

dabluone Member

Had a reply from Incipio:

[FONT=&quot]Hello James,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for your email and inquiry. We currently have no plans to make cases for the Samsung Galaxy S i9000. I will gladly pass your suggestion along to our design team! Please contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Kind Regards,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Melodie Pierson[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]|[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Customer Service[/FONT]

7. krillo

krillo Well-Known Member

-deleted-

8. krillo

krillo Well-Known Member

Does anyone know anything about the home dock, it seems to close to vapor ware when you search for it ...

9. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Would be nice if we could buy it, wouldn't it. I quite fancy one for work and one for home, even though I know it'll be pricey.

10. Mark_H

Mark_H Well-Known Member

Re sync to kies - have you changed your Launcher? I beleive that kies only works with standard launcher.

I have changed to LauncherPro - i don't really care about Kies, as i sync with Google for calandar and contacts, pop3 for email, and mass storage for music vids etc.

11. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Where's all this dock rumours coming from? I have yet to see a single picture (shopped or not) of a dock for this phone.

12. ardyer

ardyer Well-Known Member

The Galaxy S preview site had a video about how great the phone was that included a bit showing the phone in the dock.

13. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Now that is interesting...

SAMSUNG GALAXY S - The big flash video on this had images of the "Home Dock" just a few days ago, it's completely changed now.....

14. snapper.fishes

How is the Galaxy S supposed to dock anyway? The only port is at the top, and a tiny one at that. The rest of the phone is rounded, so no dock will be able to get a proper grip on it without wrapping around the phone.

About that video.... I think they replaced the phone and the dock with two photo frames.

15. larryccf

larryccf Well-Known Member

here's a link to techbuy (in australia) web showing the list of sammy accessories - some are still on backorder

that dock on the sammy video is shown (backordered) as is another desktop dock, a sammy leather pouch, bluetooth headset and some other items

Computer Hardware & Software Australia | Techbuy Australia

16. dizzle118

dizzle118 Member

17. snapper.fishes

18. bobtodd

bobtodd Active Member

I gave up waiting and made my own

[​IMG]

19. -Ollie-

-Ollie- Well-Known Member

Simply... LOL!!
    Do you sell it on ebay? :D

20. gerberman

gerberman Well-Known Member

You bricked your phone LOL

21. snapper.fishes

It makes me wonder... why on earth did hey put the USB port on the TOP?!

22. SUnny Shirazian

SUnny Shirazian New Member

I can agree with karnka - the site had a dock, where the phone was docked in horizontally, with a decent speaker system underneath it on the bedside table. Now, what you see if an image of a female in a photo frame... (you can still see some blue from under the frame, where the dock light would have reflected off the table)

Also, to add to that, there was a section where the guy in the flash video was sitting on the couch, in front of a samsung TV with a remote app on the handset. This has now been removed from the flash & I can't find the app on my Samsung Galaxy S....

Some shifty stuff happening here...

23. larryccf

larryccf Well-Known Member

if you go to samsung's accessory webpage ( Cell Phone Accessories - Cell Phones | SAMSUNG ), you'll find that headset, and when you do, on that page at the top, will be a tab "compatibility models" or something like that - clik it and it'll tell you what models it's compatible with

24. welshblood1956

welshblood1956 New Member

Re. item 2;

I remember reading (somewhere!) that if you run a 64bit version of Windows (are you?), that you would have to download something else in order to use Kies.
    Sorry to be so vague! Hope it helps.

25. andtherewasnorun

andtherewasnorun Member

I found that app, but you have to go to the "samsung apps" icon. In there they have the tv remote app, a pretty decent game, road sms (which is really cool everyone should get it) and a few other random ones.