• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S and Mac support

d'artagnan

Lurker
Jul 16, 2010
Hi!

I didn't know where to post. Hope i did it right.

I recently bought a galaxy s, and this is my first android experience. I'm wondering if any of you are using mac with this phone and make them communicate well? I need to enable debug mode to make it appear on the mac.

And is it possible to wirelessly sync the phone with the mac/pc with a program? Many people say that android is better than iPhone because of this.

Regards d'artagnan

go take a look at missing sync for mac/android.

I use it to sync my itunes and some other stuff as well. cable/wifi/bluetooth syncing comes with the program price. It is pricy-ish, but I highly recommend it if your looking for headache free syncing.

(remember your first music syncs take a while, just like you first iphone music syncs)

Upvote 0
I gave missing sync a try. I tried a previos version that had a trial version. The wireless sync was REALLY slow. Took about an hour just for it to sync the calendar. Any other suggestions? I would have liked doubletwist cabled if my mac would recognize the phone without it being set to debug mode...

Another stupid thing about missing link is that it requires their own bad apps for notes and calendars on the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones