• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S and Swype post Froyo update, worse?

rynlpin

Nov 23, 2010
Kent, England
twitter.com
When I upgraded to the Galaxy S, it came with 2.1 eclair. I found the Swype feature to be utterly ingenious and an instant 1-up to the iPhone.

However, ever since I upgraded to froyo, I found Swype to be underperforming in so many ways. Every so often, I'd be typing something and an annoying "tip" box would appear in my face. How do I stop this? Are there any updates in the pipeline to improve Swype? This is such a shame

Ugh! One thing that really aggravates me about Froyo's Swype is that wretched Tip Box that'll sometimes appear while typing. If your current browsing session is lagging slightly at this point, it makes this pop-up box even MORE infuriating. Why can't this be disabled? And can anyone confirm if firmware 2.2.1 or the future Gingerbread addresses this this abysmal software?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones