Galaxy S - Beta?Support

Last Updated:

1. animal10

animal10 Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 12, 2010
    Has Samsung released Galaxy S for beta testing?

With all the issues that the phone seems to have one has to wonder

Kies - Why can't we connect to our computers like we can with every other phone on the market? Crazy!!! and it is the software on the phone.
    Nothing to do with the pc software.

Battery - Only way I know to have decent life is to turn the phone off!
    I have two batteries and burns through both when phone is not doing anything.

GPS - Ummm, where am I??

Music - Unable to connect to car stereo and play music

Support - Hello Samsung, anyone there? Stop ignoring my emails
    I will take all steps to have issues solved one way or the other.

I do think that it is Samsung software they have put on the phone that causes the main issues. Can someone advise if Samsung plan on releasing an update that is going to fix these problems? I hate to say it but iPhones are much more user friendly that this Galaxy S. Support is about the same though:confused: This may be my first and last Android

2. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    I had these issues as well however have found updating to later firmware did solve a lot of them. I am currently running on JM5 from I9000 -

Still not perfect but hoping that the official 2.2 will fix everything else. I am reluctant to update to the beta 2.2s that are there as there are still issues being reported by them.
  3. philu

philu Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Im not having these problems you are having. What 'support' do you hope to get from Samsung that you cant find on the forums?
  4. gerberman

gerberman Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    I havn`t had these problems either, I am using JM5 at the moment did have Froyo but it was too buggy. I admit that if I need help I have found the answer to most probs on here.
  5. goughy

goughy Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Kies - Connected for me first go. Synced to outlook, though I don't use it anymore with the way I've set of the google stuff. Kies opens every time I connect the phone, regardless of connection mode.

Battery - I'm not a heavy user as such, but with my normal usage I get days, at least 3+ between charges. Even with some game play etc I get more than one day. Have phoneweaver, wifi, tasker on pretty much all the time but gps off unless needed.

GPS - No probs here. Granted I haven't tried it with agps turned off. My old omnia would take about 5mins to connect with agps off.

Music - Don't have bluetooth in my car so can't comment.

Support - My only contact with Samsung has been to email asking why they only have like 8 apps in the samsung app store, yet tonnes for bada. Got a reply about a day later.

I'm using the stock standard phone - no firmware upgrades and no rooting (oooh that sounds bad)