Galaxy s boot freezing fixedSupport

1. Shine.

Shine. Well-Known Member

NOTE:THIS WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON YOUR PHONE

Hey guys i know there is a lot of you guys out there with the boot up screen getting stuck or whatnot. My phone was wortking perfectly. i turned it off one night and and i tried to turn it back on it wouldnt. It would pass the first galaxy s screen, then play the anamation and music and would freeze and the last screen and the s kept glowing and if you left it alone like that the screen would black out and buttoms on bottom would light up. This is exactly how i fixed mine.( Galaxy s, gt-i9000, Bell, Canada)

1.turn phone off

2. boot into recovery(Hold down the volume down button, power and home buttom until the galaxy s pops up and them let go all buttons then press them all agai really fast and hold it.)

3. Once in recovery you will see apply sd card , wipe cashe and stuff. using the volume buttoms go on the "wipe data/factory reset" and press home.

4. You will see a bunch of 'No" . go to the one that says "yes" and press the home key.

5.Your phone will now reboot.when it gets to that screen where it usually freezes it will take longer than usuall. just give it time and let it do its thing.

This is how i fixed mine! thought i would share this! Good luck guys:D

Advertisement
    rynlpin likes this.
  2. rynlpin

rynlpin Well-Known Member

Thanks. If only I'd read this a few weeks ago haha. This happened to me but instead, I sought a replacement phone from my network. Do you have any idea why it would do this? Like with you, it just randomly happened one morning. Only, if it occurred because of something I did, would be nice to know so I don't do it again.
  3. GG1

GG1 Well-Known Member

It just happened to me this afternoon. Went straight into recovery mode, wiped, and now its like new again. I downloaded many 3rd party apps lately so i suspect one of them as being the cause. No big deal as long as your 3 button recovery mode works.
  4. WizzyK

WizzyK New Member

hey bro,i kinda have the same problem. when i try to turn on my phone it just freezes right there. it says 1896 Samsung, for ever!. i kept it like that and it blacked out. i tried to go on boot mode and it just blinks on and off. do you have any solutions? :/
  5. Muradtaleb

Muradtaleb New Member

Hi guys i just want to know is this a normal problem in samsung s 4 coz there is no use of having smart phone if i have 2 reset it every time it went off during 2 monthes it happend 4 times with me