Galaxy S casesTips

Last Updated:

1. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know of if there are or will be any kind of cases for the Galaxy at all?

Advertisement
  2. EarlZ

EarlZ Well-Known Member

There will be just give it a couple of weeks or a month when it is released in all corners of the world.

3. Sleuth

Sleuth Active Member

At the moment I'm using the cover that came with my old g1. It never really fit that phone, but is absolutely perfect for the Galaxy S.

4. arono

arono New Member

5. Seifer

Seifer Active Member

6. gerberman

gerberman Well-Known Member

I just bought a cheap pouch from Hong kong for

7. MadBob

MadBob Active Member

I had bought an iPhone Leather slip case (then Samsung had to bring this out) :) phone fits perfectly

8. galaxysser

galaxysser Active Member

9. krammikk

krammikk Active Member

well, if you buy the phone in india you get a leather case along with phone.(head over to the indian thread for samsung galaxy s--pics provided)

10. bobtodd

bobtodd Active Member

I have one of these cases. It looks lovely but doesn't hold the phone as well as I'd like. It's also very, very chunky - far bigger than I wanted. I retired it after just a day of use and went for a Zenus instead.

11. bobtodd

bobtodd Active Member

12. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

13. larryccf

larryccf Well-Known Member

14. Aight

Aight Member

Hi,

Looking forward to buying a Samsung Galaxy S and now I'm wondering what kind of cover would be good for the phone.

Did some searching and found few covers from Amazon.co.uk:

SAMSUNG I9000 GALAXY S PREMIUM SOFT POCKET CASE POUCH: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
    SAMSUNG I9000 GALAXY S PREMIUM SOFT POCKET CASE POUCH: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
    SAMSUNG I9000 GALAXY S BLACK LEATHER POCKET POUCH COVER: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Have you used one of those covers? If so, what's your opinion about it?

Found also a Google Nexus One neoprene pouch:

Neoprene Pouch Case Cover for Google Nexus One on eBay (end time 05-Sep-10 10:56:00 BST)

Anyone here who has access to both phones and could test if Galaxy S fits into that N1 neoprene pouch?

Thanks for the replys :)

15. larryccf

larryccf Well-Known Member

after using the zenus silicone case for a while, i didn't like the slippery feel of it, and missed the thick soft, fleshy feeling clear silicone case i'd had on the MT3G I'd had earlier

found this one, and for $2.69 SHIPPED from hong kong, i figured i'd take a chance, $2.69 is not a lot to lose

surprisingly, it's the same quality as the MT3G one i had, and it was here 6 days after paying for it, shipped from hong kong to east coast of USA

[​IMG]White Silicone Skin Soft Case for Samsung Galaxy i9000 - eBay (item 270610968937 end time Aug-20-10 10:10:18 PDT)

just went and clikked the link - and item has been removed - funny, it showed up on the link in my "won" box on ebay, but .... - sorry for the false alarm

16. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Picked a hybrid plastic case yesterday. Hard transparent plastic for the back, but the bit which wraps around the side is opaque white soft plastic.

17. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Guys,
    Just released from Piel Frama ~ a load of customized cases for our Galaxy S.

Okay, they are not cheap but:-
    a) They are very customized. In fact one particular case has over 80 yes Eighty customized colour settings.
    b) Can be made with a Snap or Magnetic closure.
    c) Probably the finest made cases for any phone.

I've had Piel Frama many times and each has not only protected the phone better but with style too.

Have a peek here for a complete list.

18. micstewart

micstewart Well-Known Member

19. cleanermonkey

cleanermonkey Well-Known Member

20. Prescott_Core

Prescott_Core Active Member

I have bought a Krusell Luna Pouch. Its all leather and hand stiched. Its expensive but my SGS deserves the best. Dont buy chinese junks for 1-2$ . Search in the we for krusell :)) their cases are high quality

21. oatikodi

oatikodi Well-Known Member

I've tried a few different cases to protect my Galaxy S. Including the case-mate 'barely there' and a few others. In the end I've gone for the case-mate 'tough case'. It feels really study - and has a harder outer shell (which has a textured finish so it's easy to grip), and a separate rubber inner linning - both of which together makes it very resistant to knocks (I actually dropped mine on the pavement and the phone seems fine). It does add a bit to the size. But given how thin the Galaxy S is to start with, I find this a good size:
    Case-Mate Tough Case - Samsung Galaxy S - Black

(oh and the rubber inner layer also covers the voulme and power buttons- making it more water resistant- handy at this time of year!)

22. T3RBO

T3RBO Well-Known Member