• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help galaxy S - Cell standby

I've never seen a picture like this on my Galaxy S.
Display, Phone idle, Voice calls are what I get. The most power is consumed by display. I saw Cell standby a couple of times, but never more than %20.
I have 2 phones, and I do the talking on the other device. Maybe that's why I get something like that and you get something like this?

Upvote 0
I use my phone very less for calls. Thats why most of the times "Cell standby" uses high %age of battery which is disappointing because even though I may not use the phone the battery die quickly because of stand by. From my experience I have noticed that If I dont do anything on the phone it would still loose about 1% battery in 1 hour.

Thats means the phone would be dead on stand by in just 4 days.

Upvote 0
I dont have much of a issue with phone lasting just 4 days. But since the company claim "750 hours on standby" its disappointing that is doesnt even last more than 100 hours on standby.

You have a point on that. Really. I though half of 750 hours is 375 hours, let's make that 350 hours, this is more than 10 days so let's make it 5 days, it is good! But I charge it once in two days(I use it as a modem :) )

Upvote 0
You have a point on that. Really. I though half of 750 hours is 375 hours, let's make that 350 hours, this is more than 10 days so let's make it 5 days, it is good! But I charge it once in two days(I use it as a modem :) )

Well, if you thought that was bad, check out the upcoming Nexus S:

Nexus S ? The new Android phone from Google

Standby time is approx 18 days on 3G & 30 days on 2G! And we are dealing with almost the same specs here, 1500 mAH battery, Super AMOLED, 1Ghz Cortex processor, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones