Galaxy S dial pad problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. cadjet

cadjet New Member This Topic's Starter

I have an issue with my key pad on my Galaxy S. When I first dial a number it has the alpha numeric pad, as to be expected. But when I am in a call and press for the kep pad, in doesnt give me an alphanumeric pad, just numbers? Pain in the but when you need to use this for passwords etc. It cant be right can it, must be a fault. All other phones have the alphanumeric pad dont they? :( Does anyone else have this problem? Or is it just mine?

Advertisement
  2. -Ollie-

-Ollie- Well-Known Member

Not sure to understand what you are trying to achieve.
    Do you want to have letters available on the keypad during a voice call?
    Could you please describe what you want to do?

3. ThreeFingeredJack

ThreeFingeredJack New Member

I'm having the same issue, the number pad that you can bring up in calls doesnt display any letters, so at such times as say, calling up your network provider and they ask you to input various letters from your password, you cant actually tell which letters are to what numbers. Why is there no alphanumeric keypad? is there maybe a setting somewhere to turn it on? Or something i can download to put it there? Seems ridiculous that for all its enormous pluses, the phone is let down on the basis that it fails to be an actual phone...

4. ThreeFingeredJack

ThreeFingeredJack New Member

Really? Still nothing? This is actually a really bad problem I'm amazed so many people have thus far overlooked. I've even gone ahead and upgraded the firmware to the unofficially released Froyo for Galaxy S and still nothing! How can I go about letting the firmware developers know about this before they release a shiney new firmware with all the same dirty faults?

5. erebus_

erebus_ New Member

Yes - this is a big problem. I got rid of the LG Viewty for exactly the same reason. I was just about to buy one of these but tested a colleague's Samsung Galaxy S a few moments ago to check for this exact issue. Bummer.