Galaxy S gets stock Android 2.1

Last Updated:

1. 5Strong

5Strong Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 11, 2009
    Samsung Galaxy S gets stock Android 2.1 Boy Genius Report

Can't wait to get to work on the Epic when it arrives at the store. First thing I will be doing is getting this bad boy running stock. Speed, speed and more speed without TouchWiz running over the top of it! :D

...Then it's on to Froyo 2.2! :cool:

2. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    This is good news.. Although I still don't see much of a difference between Launcher Pro and Vanilla Android (other than the fact that Launcher Pro is MUCH more customizable).

You can make your Home screen look literally and exactly like Vanilla Android 2.1 and 2.2 (your choice). Plus with Touchwiz phones, you get the cool black notification bar that also has some radio toggle buttons when pulled down (nice!). You also get the nice contacts app that comes with touchwiz and even get to keep that nice blue theme that it has going on (Blue is my fav color btw).

If it was plain vanilla, it wouldn't have those extras which I like. Plus Vanilla android home screens have choppy scrolling compared to other launchers. Just look at the original droid. Plus my Moment has choppy scrolling on vanilla as well. But once I use Launcher Pro, its equally as smooth as the HTC Hero's scrolling on scense. (Maybe even smoother).

But its still nice to have the option for vanilla android launcher for those who really want it :)