• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxy S google contacts offline

xman_ghio

Lurker
Aug 23, 2011
Hi!

I just switched from Nokia to Galaxy S and I have a question: I have exported all my contacts to my gmail account and they are ok. If I don't have any numbers on my sim card and phone and I just sync my contacts with google account, what happens if I don't have data coverage or data is switched off (for example if I am in roaming)? Will I still be able to see my contacts or not? Or do I need to copy from google to my phone?

Thanks!

Hi!

I just switched from Nokia to Galaxy S and I have a question: I have exported all my contacts to my gmail account and they are ok. If I don't have any numbers on my sim card and phone and I just sync my contacts with google account, what happens if I don't have data coverage or data is switched off (for example if I am in roaming)? Will I still be able to see my contacts or not? Or do I need to copy from google to my phone?

Thanks!
They are on your phone no matter where you are. When you change something on Google Contacts your phone will synchronize to show you the changes. That's it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones