• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S has deleted everything off internal storage and memory card!

Demonhotrod

Jun 15, 2010
England
Ahh!
My brother owns the Samsung Galaxy S but it has decided to delete everything off both the internal storage and his SD card!
Total nightmare

In his words:

The phone kept locking up repeatedly, I couldn't press anything and it kept restarting. I decided to leave it and it sorted itself out, then I looked at it the next day and everything had been deleted
He is going to try and use some recovery software (Recuva from Piriform) on the SD card, fingers crossed it might be able to get back some of the stuff but is there anything that can be done about the internal storage? Will Recuva work on that too?

Any help with this would be incredibly appreciated!

Thanks

The exact same thing happened to me yesterday. I'm on my second galaxy S, the first one froze and was not able to boot anymore and had no recovery mode. Since last month with the new one, everything was fine, but yesterday, it froze up, and I had to remove battery to restart it. It took like 10 minutes to boot. Everything else was fine, and I went to listen some music, but the internal SD was empty, no more music, photos... These phones have a serious problem with their internal SD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones