• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy s i9000 in constant reboot

J-willy

Lurker
Dec 8, 2010
Total disaster!
I have a lot of very important information on my phone, stored in the internal SD card, and it would be absolutely wonderful if the below issue could be resolved without serious drama. However, im sceptical.

My Galaxy has been working terrifically for a few months now but this morning just abruptly, whilst i was turning it on, it turned off again. It then proceeded to get caught in a reboot cycle where i cannot get past the first screen that says 'samsung galaxy i9000'.

Iv tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, tried using the usb and the battery etc. Nothing seems to help it respond, it just gets back in the same loop!!

I tried the vol down + Home + pwer option but i only get to the download screen with the big yellow monster then it restarts again..

Its been very humid lately, and rainy. Maybe this has had some bearing on the issue?

This is an Absolute nightmare!! And any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Even though it's in the wrong forum I'll bite.

If you think it's moisture related, take the back off, and battery out, and put the phone in a bag full of rice. Since rice is a deliquescent substance it loves to try and absorb as much water as possible, so this should hopefully suck out some of the water (if that is the problem). Leaving it in the bag for 12-24 hours should do it if that's the issue.

Upvote 0
Hi, i have encountered the same problem now after getting waterdamage in my phone, it keep bootlooping if i just plug in the battery. It doesent matter if you press any buttons sense it will restart again after a few seconds. same as the "loading battery screen" when you plug in the charger.

i Would have given up hope but a few days ago it accualy started (dont really know what i did) and i worked for like a minute until is started looping again. started once again after and i heard the "intro sound" once again but then i just starting looping again right after. haven't been able to get anywere sense then and i have opened the whole phone up but don't really know what to do when i finaly in...

any suggestions? would be greatly appriciated, sense i have a feeling this all could just be fixed if i just know what to do...

Thanks in advance
Thomas

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones