Galaxy S I9000 powers off in my pocket and won't come back on.Support

Last Updated:

1. mogo22

mogo22 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

This my first Android phone.

3 times now my when I take my phone out from my pocket it is off and will not turn back on unless I take out the battery, put it back in and turn it on. No buttons work until I do that.

Is it going into some type of hybernate mode or something or should I take it back? I've only had it a week. I work with a guy with the same phone and says it's never happened to him.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Take it back. There's another guy who said he's been getting the same problem as you. His phone switched itself off while sitting next to him on a chair.

Btw, where did you get the phone from? Is it a Bell retailer by any chance?

3. mogo22

mogo22 Member This Topic's Starter

It must overheating in my pocket. It never happens if it's sitting out ona table or in my hand.

I got it from a booth in a mall that sells phones and plans for everyone here in Canada.

4. canoe

canoe Member

Sounds like a bad battery. I keep mine in my pocket all the time and haven't had any issues.

5. EarlZ

EarlZ Well-Known Member

You should take it back, thats not really normal!

6. raptorz2

raptorz2 New Member

Actually that is normal, mine does that all the time it just sits on a desk and turns off. Not just this one but all THREE!! that Ive had. Bell Canada says that they know about the issue but there is no solution so far.

7. Mark Impact

Mark Impact New Member

This happened to mine a couple of days ago. Never happens when in use or when charging, only when left idle.

Has anyone had success with changing the battery yet? The fact it doesn't happen when charging has led my friends to suggest that might be the issue.