• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S II Coming To Metro It Seems?

Hey guys, I know the title seems crazy, but I think it may happen soon. The reason I mention this is because while I was at work today, I took a look at the new rebate forms sent to the store i work at. On the bottom where you would bubble in the phone you got, one of the phones listed is a Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G with a 50 Dollar rebate.

Heres more: http://www.metropcs.com/promotions/2011/MovingToAndroid/assets/terms.htm

CTRL + F and type Attain.

Hey guys, I know the title seems crazy, but I think it may happen soon. The reason I mention this is because while I was at work today, I took a look at the new rebate forms sent to the store i work at. On the bottom where you would bubble in the phone you got, one of the phones listed is a Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G with a 50 Dollar rebate.

Heres more: http://www.metropcs.com/promotions/2011/MovingToAndroid/assets/terms.htm

CTRL + F and type Attain.

Its not an sII it is a galaxy s and it has specs similar to that of the esteem, but a smaller screen and not as good of a camera :)

Upvote 0
the galaxy S II is way out of metropcs's league we talking about a $800 phone for a compnay that usually sells their best phones for around $350-$400. perhaps the price of the galaxy s II has gone down now but i remember checking out the full retail price of this bad boy without contract and it gave me the chills. trust me this phone aint gonna make it to metro so dont even bother asking around.

Upvote 0
the galaxy S II is way out of metropcs's league we talking about a $800 phone for a compnay that usually sells their best phones for around $350-$400. perhaps the price of the galaxy s II has gone down now but i remember checking out the full retail price of this bad boy without contract and it gave me the chills. trust me this phone aint gonna make it to metro so dont even bother asking around.

It is not a $800 handset, it can be had for $550 without contract. And rumor has it that it is coming to Metro in Q3 of this year. I'd rather have the Galaxy Nexus though.

Upvote 0
It is not a $800 handset, it can be had for $550 without contract. And rumor has it that it is coming to Metro in Q3 of this year. I'd rather have the Galaxy Nexus though.
when it was first released it around that price range online if bought without contract like i said the prices have gone down. ok it wasnt $800 im reading it was around close to $700 either way it was expensive now u can get it on At&t WITH CONTRACT for around $200

Samsung Galaxy S2 is sold from $ 199 to $ 229 in contract with US carriers and unlocked device is priced at over $ 600

source: http://androidadvices.com/galaxy-s2-iphone-4s-features-specs-comparison/#Price

im sure with amazon and other sites u can find it cheaper i was just talking about retail price nothing else

Upvote 0
So here is the official lowdown on the samsung attire:

It looks NOTHING like the S II. It does look like the Galaxy indulge without the keyboard.
It's 4GLTE
It's a 3MP camera (not thrilled about it) with flash and a 1.3 MP face-front camera
1GHz processor Snapdragon
3.5 screen display
It's a high-end phone retailing at $249 with an $50 MI rebate

If you ask me, I'd still pay for the Esteem :)

Upvote 0
So here is the official lowdown on the samsung attire:

It looks NOTHING like the S II. It does look like the Galaxy indulge without the keyboard.
It's 4GLTE
It's a 3MP camera (not thrilled about it) and a 1.3 MP face-front camera
1GHz processor hummingbird
3.5 screen display

Sounds to me that LG esteem is still a better phone :)

I heard it was a 1ghz snapdragon (same chip model as esteem) its the same as the smasung conquer on sprint but with lte :)

Upvote 0
Well my money is still going to buy the Esteem when I can. I hate Samsuck phones. In my opinion they are overpriced junk and everyone that I know who owns one(save a very small few) thinks they are crap and wishes they didn't buy it.

If and when it comes to Metro the price will probably be around the same as the Esteem which is silly since the phone has less punch.

I'm actually holding off somewhat because the rumor is that the LG connect is coming to Metro, there first dual core offering which by all indications will be sometime 1Q.

Upvote 0
Well, the Revolution was $700 off contact and we got it's twin brother (albeit, with a little less on some aspects) so...
we not talking about any lil relatives talking about having the prime of the prime which is never gonna happen my point in all this metro will always have sloppy last phones with less performance and limitations than other carriers....;)

Upvote 0
I don't know where everyone else got their information from, but in various short sentences throughout Tech news you find that "Samsung Attain" was the codename for the AT&T model of the Samsung Galaxy SII. It seems highly unlikely that even if it's not the SII, it's akin to the Galaxy S, as I've seen nothing on that.

Upvote 0
we not talking about any lil relatives talking about having the prime of the prime which is never gonna happen my point in all this metro will always have sloppy last phones with less performance and limitations than other carriers....;)

"sloppy last phones with less performance and limitations than other carriers"

Damn that was a bit harsh the fact considering metro has step up their game in the past year... i mean never thought metro would get 4g lte let alone be the first to do it at that seriously like i was shock.. yes they may downgrade the specs a little but really not much big off a difference to me... 4g lte, more powerful androids, and cheap bill $60 for everything i cant complain no reason to sure beats paying a $100+ for everything like my brother is right now...

JUST SAYIN...:D:D:D

Upvote 0
I don't know where everyone else got their information from, but in various short sentences throughout Tech news you find that "Samsung Attain" was the codename for the AT&T model of the Samsung Galaxy SII. It seems highly unlikely that even if it's not the SII, it's akin to the Galaxy S, as I've seen nothing on that.

http://m.androidcentral.com/samsung-conquer-4g-review

It is that phone with an lte radio. Its a galaxy s and is going to be the little brother of the esteem :)

Upvote 0
you know i cant wait until metro gets another phone. ya the lg esteem was a good improvement but it just plain sucks and is full of bugs. my indulge with a custom rom on it was the most stable phone ive had. the esteems biggest and most annoying issue for me is the BLUETOTH it is absolutely horrible. everything about their bluetooth radio and software is just terrible it never works properly and is very unpredictable and ALLL applications that require bluetooth do NOT work properly. not considering the random restarts. i have had at several times second thoughts about it and almost switched to sprint until i realized metro is 10 times better than sprints crappy wimax which cant even get through your car or house walls haha. so damn crappy just while i was at the store 2 people came in to cancel their plan! and the people at the store didnt even have 4g. in the middle of san jose! but i would have switched to the indulge again if it werent for the screen and most of all the terrible overheating which i learned is mainly caused by the hummingbird processor. so any samsung phone with a snapdragon would work great for me. id love to have a samsung again. the bluetooth support on that phone was just great as well as the overall stability.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones