Galaxy S & Mac Wifi (internet sharing)Support

Last Updated:

1. caesey

caesey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Macbook Pro, its connected to Ethernet & I want to share the internet connection with my Samsung Galaxy S. I enabled Internet Sharing on my Mac, selected Airport under ports & provided a WEP password.

On my Galaxy S, I select my macbook on the list of WiFi n/w, provide the password, but it never gets connected & there is no error msg either.

Has anyone else tried this? Any ideas on why this is happening?

BTW, I'm able to connect my Galaxy S to my wireless router at home.

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Not entirely sure about this since I don't have a Mac, but on Windows you can't connect your android to your Computer through internet sharing either, since your computer is not actually acting as an access point that way. Instead I have to use connectify.

On the other hand, I read on a few websites that connectify simply does a function that exists in Macs eons ago....

3. jman72

jman72 New Member

Same issue here - have no idea why...:confused:

4. AlexWin96

AlexWin96 New Member

i have a macbook pro and i tried connecting to the internet using internet sharing from my mac and it did not connect whilst i had a password set on the network but when i turned it off it could connect.. hope this helps!

5. Aveshan

Aveshan New Member

If you guys are still interested in an answer, you have to make sure your password length is either 5 characters (for 40bit) or 13 characters (for 128bit) for internet sharing to be useable by non Apple devices. Changed mine to a 40bit WEP key with 5 character password and my Hero can connect perfectly.

6. TEDD1111

TEDD1111 New Member

HEY guys me problem is i use to connect my galaxy s3 to my macbook air wireless now my phone can not recognize the network....anyone who have the idea of how solve my problem PLEASE I NEED HELP...