Galaxy S Newbie - need help on a few things!Support

Last Updated:

1. Adrian Hughes

Adrian Hughes New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I have had a HTC hero for a year and had major problems with dropped calls all the time so Orange (UK) changed my phone free for me for a choice of 2 basic phones and a samsung galaxy S. (I did really want the HTC desire or iPhone 4 - but they said no!)

I loved HTC sence and how everything seemed really easy. Since I have had my Galaxy S for nearly 2 weeks I am still finding it hard to do simple things.

1. My HTC auto synced with facebook and all the facebook profile pics went on my friends profile pics on my phone book. On the Samsung I have had to go to sync and then a HUGE list of all 600 people in my facebook comes up. So i have to sit there and think who is in my phone book or not (I dont want many people in my phone book who are on facebook). Some of the people on my phone book I have missed off from getting them synced to facebook - how do I add them individualy?? ps, I have their name on my phone book, and no facebook sync, how do I add an individual name to facebook sync to get there photo etc!!???
    2. I have in Gmail contacts I have 2 groups, 1= Work, 2 = Personal.
      This is fine on Gmail, and on my HTC hero if i wanted to email all my work friends that there is a meeting I would go to groups and text etc them all in one go. On the samsung Galaxy this has now gone? Groups just shows as Gmail and no - work / personal anymore!!???
    3. Samsung has its own facebook app = when i reply to someones facebook message, and they reply there is no notifcation - surely this is a simple thing to implement today. Why has android or samsung or any 3rd party people done a facebook app which is at least 50% as good as the iphone app !!?
    The above are bugging me at the moment!!! If I can get those fixed for now that will be great!!

ps, as I was trying this I added a friend to my phone book and again cant sync him to my facebook !!!?..

Thanks in advance

Ade

Advertisement
  2. Adrian Hughes

Adrian Hughes New Member This Topic's Starter

ok - I have sorted the facebook section !!!...

Did a few searches on the net. Not simple though - not HTC way. Looks like the HTC desire HD will be the android phone to get in the future.

3. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member

Since you seem to have done it it would be good if you can share the method with us. :)