• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S possible this month?

spiz

Android Expert
Feb 14, 2010
Redmond, OR
So this thing happening in June with the TMo stores opening early, yada yada... A Samsung rep who happens to be pretty high up the chain gave some subtle hints to return my Slide and wait patiently. When asked of a time frame, apparently August was too "cold", July was "getting warmer" and when asked about June, the response was "can't talk about that."

This is the same rep who showed the me a working, beautiful Galaxy S.

Do we return the Slide and at least wait a month to make an informed decision? I think so. Why settle for mid-range when you can get the best Android phone available?

And before the comments about Samsung's support starts (which I did to the rep), he made a very good point. Samsung hasn't had a flagship phone to date. The Galaxy S is confirmed to hit all 4 of the major US carriers, and reaffirmed that this will be the phone that gets all of the attention.

Anyone else have some good indicators of a big release this month? Regardless of what we've been told so far by the blogs.

From everything I've read, it's probably a release date that's going to be announced this month and officially released in July. Of course, I'm not sure of it either like many people, but if they do release it this month, then that will be awesome since I bricked my G1 and currently looking for a new phone coming out this month. I hope T-Mobile gets some exclusive time with the phone before it hits other carriers though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones