• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S: process e-mail is not responding

Hello, I'm using Samsung Galaxy S as a e-mail client for two IMAP accounts. The first account was working just fine, but when I added the second one, the e-mail client stops responding and I'm getting errors like "Application e-mail (in the process e-mail) is not responding" (with options to Force closing or Wait). Does anybody know what could be the problem?

The problem occurs while reading inbox - it takes a lot of time to read the list of messages. And it takes a lot of time to get a single message.

my problem is when i upgraded to 2.2 version, my email application suddenly bacame such a headache.. it takes ages to check my email and most of the time it just shutdowns and gives me a "not responding" error.. i hate it! It was fine before the upgrade.. if i continue to use email app, my galaxy S just too slow.. so i remove all email accounts from this app and not use it all.. so my phone perf goes back to normal..

HELP! I want an email app that can sync my exchange emails and calendar!!

Upvote 0
I am having EXACTLY the same issues as described in this thread. The response in 2.1 was not good but after the upgrade to 2.2 the e-mail client using IMAP in combi with an Exchange account has come to a complete stop. It takes as much as 10-20 seconds on WIFI before a list of messages in the mailbox is shown. Clicking a mail displays same lag. Often leaving the App hanging. What a disappointment and disgrace...

Upvote 0
Hello everyone, I am the IT director of a law firm and we have 3 Samsung Tabs in our office. My boss has one and received the exact error listed above and it took a while to figure out. I couldnt seem to find any solutions online either so I thought I would post what we did here.

I manage the exchange server onsite and the other 2 users were fine. Just the one had this issue. We tried all the standard stuff such as wiping and such, and even went so far as to order another device from Verizon, but no luck, it kept happening. We finally narrowed it down to the stock Exchange email client on the Tab. My boss decided to purchase Moxier, and after market app for about $20 bucks and it seemed to do the trick. I know there are several Exchange email apps out there, and I do not work for Moxier, but it seemed to work in our case. I did try a free Exchange app (the name escapes me) but we still received errors. I have heard good things about Touchdown also, but have never tried it.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is try another Exchange email app. Moxier worked very well for us and it has lots of cool features if you live and die by your email like my boss does.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones