• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxy S root questions

rhooky

Lurker
Aug 3, 2010
Hi Guys i'm new to the forums,

I have just rooted my phone and have had a lovely time getting rid of the bloat, However there are a few things that are eluding me and my extensive forum and Google searches.

Is there a way to get rid of the service com.sec.android.app.samsungapps.una ?
I have deleted the apk file for Samsung apps and yet this service still seems to chew about 30 meg of ram, i have advanced task killer and can kill the service but it comes strait back.

The other thing that i cannot find is the apk file for the apps 'Social Hub' and 'Write and Go' does anyone know what these are named in the app folder?

another question is regarding the application Clock. Is this the application that controls the phones alarm?

My last question is regarding touchwiz. Will my phone run a lot better by getting rid of it? (i am using launcher pro on android 2.1)

Big thanks in advance,
Rhooky

I have never touched on those background services, cause it will crash my phone. Thing that I have gotten rid are as follows and so far no force close of apps:

clipboard01tr.jpg
My advice is to get rid of these before thinking of getting rid of TouchWizLauncher.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones