galaxy s swype textingSupport

Last Updated:

1. cg14

cg14 New Member This Topic's Starter

my sister and i both have the galaxy s i got mine a week ago, she got her 2weeks before. we have different versions of 'swype' and they have a few different keys. how can we update hers, version 1.54.28.7285 to the same as mine, 1.62.38.8624 ?

:)

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Weird. I have 1.58.33.7802

Trying updating the firmware through kies perhaps?

3. PM-Galaxy

PM-Galaxy New Member

i have also noticed this! I got my phone 3 weeks ago, and my sister got hers a couple of days ago, i have version1.54.28.7285, and she has 1.62.38.8624. The latter one is much better, with a key for smileys. we noticed several differences, and quite frankly, i feel a little ripped off!! She has a task killer already installed, whereas i had to get an app for that. Did the firmware update work??

4. PM-Galaxy

PM-Galaxy New Member

yeps, the firmware update worked!! im happy now! thanks heaps :D

5. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

I won't rely only on the samsung task killer if I am you. It doesn't show all the tasks that are actually running.

6. firefox73

firefox73 Well-Known Member

I'd like to get an updated Swype, I'm running 1.58.33.7802, although have the Task Killer as I pdated the firmware to JM1.

I use the Swype keyboard but would like some additions that I had hoped would be available. Namely, I'd like a ".com" but which the non-Swype keyboard has. I'd also like emoticon buttons and to not insert a space between words and numbers. e.g. when I sign in as Firefox73, I get Firefox 73. I have to type Firefox > spacebar> delete > 73 to remove the gap.

How do you update the Swype? According to my Kies software I am running the latest version v1.5.1.10074_2 and the JM1 firmware (the latest available on Kies).

Thanks

7. goughy

goughy Well-Known Member

I don't know what version I'm running, don't even know how to check what version I'm running. But I have an emoticons button.

8. PhoenixFx

PhoenixFx Well-Known Member

To check the version long press the Swype key on the keyboard > Options > About [the last entry in the list] > Version